SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carrying a 1911 Commander
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrying a 1911 Commander Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The CCO is the sweet spot for 1911 concealed carry. Grip size means a lot more than slide length for concealed carry. I carried a Sig 1911 in CCO configuration (Traditional Compact Stainless) for a few years before going back to a Glock 23 for ammo and mag compatibility with my department issued duty gun.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I had a Commander length 1911 I seldom carried it. Not because I didn't want to carry it "cocked and locked", but because of the weight of the "all steel" commander. By the end of the day, I always felt like I was "listing to Starboard" due to the weight.
Yep me too. I do carry a Sig RCS often however. (Alloy frame, 4" bbl. w/tritium night sights). The difference in weight vs the all steel framed models makes it doable. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post