SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Rethinking my carry gun
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rethinking my carry gun Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
I like your front sight upgrade. XS?

Posts: 19503 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I don’t feel like I’m unprepared or unprotected with my wheelgun. My first goal is to have a firearm. If I knew I’d be going into battle I’d want a rifle. But since I have no crystal ball I’ll settle for one of my EDC guns. The one I carry mostly these days is a 3” kimber 357.

If I knew I would be faced with a John wick scenario and need 12-20 rounds of whatever I’d prefer a G45.

Should I encounter a covey of thugs I will not be disappointed to only have my 6 shooter. I’ll go down with a fight they will never forget. I’m proficient, and accurate with the wheelgun. I need to practice fast reloads and will do so this year.

I used to worry about not having the right kit on me. Two 17 round mags and a G17, or a 229 and two extra .357 mags.

Carry a gun, whatever you shoot well, and. Whatever you are comfortable with. I don’t live in Chicago so my kit may not suit everyone.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post