SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Looking for a thin shoulder holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a thin shoulder holster Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
Need to wear a suit a fair amount and the urban environment here that is unsafe. Have a couple of thin autos and would like a shoulder holster to wear under a suit jacket. Tried IWB and don't find it comfortable as I sit at a desk or in the car. Money not the driving force, comfort is as I'd wear it all day. Suggestions?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1532 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Galco Classic Lite. Mine has been excellent.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Galco Classic Lite. I just ordered one for my 43X

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
The rough out leather doesn't grab your outer clothing? It seems like it would.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No grab for me. The surface is not overly rough.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Ritchie Leather has a great shoulder holster. They offer a pull through design on the snap.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
klnullholsters makes some of the thinnest that I have seen. Have not used one though.

http://www.klnullholsters.com/default.htm

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I had one for my Rohrbaugh. (The tailor I used back then, said it was easier to hide a small gun under my shoulder than at my waist)

HOWEVER, and I get that suits look terrible as soon as anything is in a pants pocket, I strongly suggest pocket carry.

Could just be me, but suits in a bad town, seem to attract lots of attention.

A lightweight j frame isn’t too hard to hide - I found the bumps easier to hide than the square lines of a pistol.

Does it have to be a suit? Assorted sport coats and trousers can hide guns better.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
What about OWB in a sneaky Pete ? Probably not happening in a suit, though...

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another alternative: www.smartcarry.com

For me, it works great with lighter, single-stacks. My LCP disappears, the CM9 and G-43X are hard to spot.

I use this model with a slot for a spare mag:

https://www.smartcarry.com/gun-mag-holster

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
‘Kangaroo’, type carry. Those T-shirts with a gun pocket work, some applications smart carry is ok.

One needs a slim gun to go with. Yes, access may take longer.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post