SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Stongside horizontal mags?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stongside horizontal mags? Login/Join 
posted
Having carried spare magazines weak side and vertical my whole life, the idea seemed a bit weird at first. I decided to try it at the range the other day and actually found it to work pretty well. I can't say that I've given it enough time or analysis to have a strong opinion, but wondering what others have found.

Is there a darn good reason most of us carry weak side vertical, or is it just because we've always done it that way?

Posts: 6378 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only way I carry. I still carry weak side as its a matter of habit and my hand naturally goes there to search for reloads. I dont see any real advantage going strong side, not enough to try and undo 20+ years of habit. I also tend to caryr my spares farely far forward, almost appendix.

Tried it about 2 years ago and havent looked back. Not a lot a of good options out here last time I checked but I saw Stealthgear has a new stretchy sleeve that Im going to try. I forget who made the carriers I have but they were on the pricey side.

Posts: 6524 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I've been using horizontal magazine carriers from Magholder for a few years now. I typically carry mine weak-side, but don't see why one couldn't be carried strong-side if one desired.

https://www.magholder.com

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 5269 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post