SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Do you CCW a P239?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you CCW a P239? Login/Join 
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Searched for a long time, and finally bought here on SigForum, a P239 9mm DAK Gen 1 SAS.

I love it and carry it regularly in one of Dustin's IWB holsters.

Love the trigger for a carry pistol. Love the width for carrying. I've got small hands so the grip works for me.

P239 is one of my favorites.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I bought my 239 in .357 sig many years ago.
It came with an extra barrel in 40, which I rarely shoot.
In .357 sig, it handles the limited nuclear round so well its easy to shoot.
I can carry it year around no problem, hardly know its there. With an 8 round mag and one in the chute, I've no concerns for a contact sport.

Out of my stable, its the only DA/SA I own as I' transitioned over to all SAO.
For a walk or quick jont out, I like my new 938, but the 239 will always get the nod when I want to fill my hands.

I've seen what the .357 does to more than one quadruped, and I carry with no worries.
An awesome piece of gear!

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Not so much anymore, carry the P229C "carry" instead. Still own the P239 however Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now usually carry my P225 A1 in a Don Hume own Holster, but will occasionally carry smaller choices based on clothing or environment. I had borrowed a P239 from a friend to test it for carry and loved it, but could not find one for sale at that time so bought the P225 which was readily available. I may still get a P239 in the future.

Retired USN
Sig Sauer P229 M11A1
Sig Sauer 1911 Ultra Comp
S&W P365 SAS
Ruger Single Six
S&W 442

Posts: 33 | Location: FL | Registered: September 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The P239 was the very first gun I carried. It actually lasted quite awhile until the P320 came out. I just couldn't justify the P239 with its heavy weight and low capacity. Now it's the P320 (compact slide on subcompact frame) or the Glock 19.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
Everything in the carry world is a balancing of trade offs. In my opinion, considering all trade-offs, the P239 in 357 Sig is the best carry gun out there. I have regretted selling mine every day since I sold it.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've gone back to carrying my 239. It's my favorite.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lingham
posted Hide Post
My EDC is either a P239 or P229 both in 357 Sig, depending on how I dress for the day. I shoot them both the same and since the controls are the same I am comfortable with either. The only time I notice them is when I don't have them on because I have to go into an establishment where carrying is illegal.

GOD, Family, Country

Posts: 35 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I used to carry my 239 a lot, but the older I get the more sensitive I'm getting to weight on my hip, so I've pretty much gone to lighter guns. I carried 1911's for years and years, then the 239 and I'm going to start carrying my newly purchased 938 when I get it broken in.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I live in NJ (a whole other republic)I can only dream of carrying my P239. I bought it in .40 and have the .357 barrel and rarely shoot .40 with it. .357 round is awesome to shoot. I've traded and sold many of my guns over the years and the 239 is still here. I love it and would carry it if I lived in a free country...rats

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Just scored a new Galco iwb for $35 so I will soon be carrying a new P239!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
After a month of carrying the P320, I went back to the P239 today. Love the 320 but I want a hammer when reholstering.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
For the last few months my P239 SAS two-tone .40 S&W has supplanted a P245 as my EDC.

I find it to be an excellent carry gun. The only problem I have with it is that my wife covets it, and if I set it aside she appropriate it as "hers" - under the theories: "it was just sitting there in the safe; and besides, it's too pretty to be a guy's gun." Wink

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Even if you want hammer fired, the P239 never struck me as the best choice.

quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
After a month of carrying the P320, I went back to the P239 today. Love the 320 but I want a hammer when reholstering.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

It's ok, I'm not attracted to small breasted women either Wink

My first Sig was a SP2340. Even with the small grip, it's to big for me to shoot more than a couple rounds when it walks in my hands. I bought a P229 for the greater capacity/fewer mag changes for classes. I shoot it well but it's still too wide for me to shoot really well.

The single stack with Hogue finger grooves is perfect for me. I'll give up capacity for accuracy and for better concealment any day.

There's a bazillion people carrying Glocks, not my thing in any size.

I'll stick with what works for me including 34FF Smile

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of campbed
posted Hide Post
My 239 in 9mm continues to be my non-Summer carry. This weekend I removed my Hogue G10 grips and replaced with original grips and Talon rubber grips. G10's were too aggressive for IWB.

Posts: 139 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:

For you? Me? Or are you choosing for Brad?

I don't mean to single you out BBMW, but on the forums, if someone carries a 5-shot revolver, no one bats an eye. Mention you conceal a P239 everywhere you go, "It's too heavy. It's under capacity" is the usual response.

For me, its:
-Single stack concealability
-Shoots like a full size
-Familiar Sig DA/SA
-It's got a hammer for those who like them.
-sweet ass trigger

For me, all other choices I've explored might be lighter, might have more boolits, but they are downgrades. Last resort guns when I could be carrying one I enjoy shooting well.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've said it before (maybe even in this thread ) and I'll say it again. I keep trying to find a better off duty gun than my 239. 228,229,G19,226,6906,3953,1911 but I always go back to my 239. I think it's the best for what I use it for.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Steve McQueen of SIGforum
Picture of mosquito
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed. I ditched the P239 in favor of the H&K P2000 SK. It's more concealable with higher capacity, and comes in hammer fired SA/DA.

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AK
posted Hide Post
I carry a P239-9mm (+1 spare mag) while off duty. It's the perfect compliment to my department issued P226R-9mm.

Two rules in a gunfight.
#1. Someone is going to lose.
#2. I'm going to win.

Posts: 511 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post