SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    P320c/sc Light Bearing Holster IWB

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
P320c/sc Light Bearing Holster IWB Login/Join 
posted
I have a couple questions for the forum and I ask that you bear with me. I already have a 320 full size in 9mm. I normally open carry since I live in WI. I go back home quite often to IL, and as we all know it is not the most friendly of places, so I am investing in a 320c, but also getting a subcompact frame as well so that I am able to carry when in IL.

My first question is what brand would you recommend for an IWB light bearing holster? I checked out Ozark Holsters, but they didnt have a light bearing holster. I have found a few others, but am not sure which to go with.

My second question is if I decide after getting a compact sized holster, I want to carry with the subcompact frame, will my compact holster fit my sub compact? My initial thoughts are the slide will still the be the same length and thickness, and the only thing that will change will be the grip and rail length, is my thinking correct here?

Lastly, I have a streamlight tlr2HL-G on my full size 320, it seems a bit bulky to put on a carry gun, so I am leaning towards the inforce apl. Would you guys agree the inforce would be abetter choice over a streamlight?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sig Sauer P320 FS 9mm
Sig Sauer 516 Carbon TS
Sig Sauer P229
Glock 17 Gen 2

Posts: 21 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 15, 2015Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
BRAVO CONCEALMENT HOLSTERS can make a couple of different types of light bearing holsters. They're Kydex. They offer an expedited service for extra charge.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dara Holsters make virtually anything you want. They have holsters that will accommodate red dots, lasers and light/laser combinations. I use their holsters and am quite satisfied with the quality an pricing.

Posts: 160 | Location: Los Lunas, NM | Registered: November 08, 2011Report This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
I checked out Ozark Holsters, but they didnt have a light bearing holster.

Dustin will certainly make one for you. He made me a Kydex IWB holster for my P320C-9 with a XC-1 attached.

Please contact him directly via email and he should get right back to you.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A Detroit Holsters 8-mile IWB for the P320C with C or SC (railed) frame and the Viridian C5L works great. I have that combination of light and holster, although I no longer carry the P320 (did for ) months but then went G19 across the board).

posted Hide Post
These are also good:
http://persecsystems.com/page/...458/category=9758276

They only have all kydex, but are well made and hug the body well.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newsigguy13:
My second question is if I decide after getting a compact sized holster, I want to carry with the subcompact frame, will my compact holster fit my sub compact?

It depends on the holster, as well as which Subcompact grip module you're using.

A P320 with a Compact slide on a Subcompact Medium or Large grip module should work. The rail is a little shorter, and the trigger guard is rounded, but it should still work fine in most Compact holsters.

However, the Subcompact Small grip, which is the most common Subcompact grip module, does not have a rail. This is the grip that comes standard on the P320SC and in the SC X-change Kit. Using the non-railed Small grip will cause it to fit more loosely in a Compact holster, and very well may be too loose, depending on the holster.

Compact slide on Medium (railed) Subcompact grip:

Compact slide on Small (non-railed) Subcompact grip:

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry but I can't seem to get past the comment of Wisconsin not being the most friendly of places. It's been a long long time since I've been to Wisconsin and what I remember is Milwaukee and corn. Have things changed that much?

Posts: 1241 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I just ordered an IWB holster for my Glock 32 with TLR-3 from The Cleveland Kydex Company.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post