SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Recommendation for LCP ankle holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for LCP ankle holster Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
I couldn't pass up a little LCP today as I was wandering through the gun shop and didn't want to go home empty-handed.

I figure it'll be something nice to carry on the ankle when I can't carry anything else.

Anyone have a good ankle rig that they recommend? Preferably something that'll stay in place without flopping around and without being so tight it cuts off blood flow.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I use this one, and after 3-5 minutes, I forget its on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6M6EXV

ComforTac Ultimate.

The fit is perfect, snap is easy but holds well.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Galco Ankle Glove.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input fellas. One thing is, I kind of need something with a calf strap of some kind I think.

I wear mid-height wool socks year 'round. The problem I found with the cheapo Uncle Mike's I picked up today (just because I needed something) was that even thought the LCP is light, it causes the sock and holster to slide down which in turn makes it kind of floppy.

I was looking at this one earlier. All neoprene which should make it quite comfortable and with the calf strap to keep it from sliding down,

https://www.amazon.com/AIKATE-...&ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1

Only problem is it has velcro retention and I want a snap.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a DeSantis Apache with the ankle strap. VERY comfortable and secure. Not a fan of the Velcro strap but if I have to get my S&W 637PC out of it, the noise of the Velcro is not going be my primary issue. IF I had a do-over here, I would go for their leather model with the thumb snap for $30 more.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alien Gear Holsters has the new ShapeShift system. The ankle holster is a two-piece affair - a wrap that goes around the ankle, and the holster that has a piece that sticks into the wrap and holds it up.

http://aliengearholsters.com/ankle-holster.html

I'm still in the adjustment phase, but it seems to work well for me.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Galco Ankle Glove. It is good, but I suspect these are better:
http://www.thewilderness.com/a...kle-holster-leather/

I will be buying one for a P365, it should work well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never tried an ankle holster for some reasons either good or bad, heard a story of a former leo that was shot in the buttocks when he had to stop to unholster....But I may have to try the Aliengear, it looks interesting..

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster over ankle carry:

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Wilderness Renegade ankle holsters for my LCP. At the time I was looking I figured that since I liked their products so much (several belts and safe-packers) I would give them another try. I'm glad I did.

It's very well-made and does a good job. I like the retention strap configuration- how it slides snug over the rear end of the slide/frame and you just slip it back forward with your thumb as you go to draw it. It does not move once placed.

I wore it every day at work for several months after a situation with a terminated former co-worker caused me some concern. Once I got used to it I had no issues with it whatsoever.

I still use it on rare occasions when the situation calls for it. It's good to have for those times.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Appreciate all of the input guys.

On a whim I thought I'd try this one:

https://www.amazon.com/CONCEAL...85&sr=8-1&ref=sr_1_1

I've got to say that it is extremely comfortable, hold tight to my leg, has a pouch for an extra mag, doesn't slide up/down, and isn't floppy at all. If I could still run I have no doubt that it would hold up to that as well. I've worn it all day today and didn't even know it was there.

We'll see how it holds up, but so far I sure like it.

posted Hide Post
What I like about the Alien Gear ankle holster is that there is NO strap above - those have never worked well for me.

This one uses the wrap around the ankle as a support slot to hold the holster above it UP.

Due to the color, I recommend black socks if your pants hem will rise up a little when you sit down.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post