SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    A tale of 3 gun belts

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A tale of 3 gun belts Login/Join 
posted
For the past who knows how long(5 years?),I have worn a Blackhawk CQC belt. It's thinner but had a steel core inside it and it worked great. That belt was worn EVERY day unless I wore a suit, which is once a year maybe. Worn for work, out on dates, dinner, movies, whatever. I didn't always have a pistol hanging on it.
As the years have passed, it has started to crack and generally wear out.
I see threads on here but went a different route for a replacement belt.
The replacement belt came Monday the 12th of this week. It's from Hank's Belts and it's doing a decent job. It's thicker than the Blackhawk but it has no core in between the leather. I'm kinda used to that. It, like the Blackhawk, is worn everyday.
Yesterday, I ordered an Armour leather belt with the stiffener. I'm hoping that it will be like the Blackhawk belt. I know it's definitely thicker.
Do I dislike the Hank's belt? No, it's comfortable and is doing a pretty good job but I'm used to a stiff belt.
So I guess I'll see how the Armour belts are in a bit.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1546 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
What is this "stiffener" of which you reference having ordered for your Armour belt?

I have several Armour belts, and I don't believe Mike offers any sort of stiffener as an option.

Posts: 1137 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
What is this "stiffener" of which you reference having ordered for your Armour belt?

I have several Armour belts, and I don't believe Mike offers any sort of stiffener as an option.

It's on their site. Might be a new option. It's extra $ but I'm used to a stiffer belt.

Posts: 1546 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Armour belts. I just can not imagine the need for a stiffener with these.

PC Load Letter

Posts: 14695 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I have a couple of Armour belts. I just can not imagine the need for a stiffener with these.

Are they the leather belts V?

Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
They are leather belts. The gun belt...stiff enough, no need for stiffener there. I make a thinned down version of the gun belt. (dress belt I call it) and I offer the stiffener on that version.

Posts: 157 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikedare:
They are leather belts. The gun belt...stiff enough, no need for stiffener there. I make a thinned down version of the gun belt. (dress belt I call it) and I offer the stiffener on that version.

That might be what I ordered. It had a box to check if you wanted a stiffener added.
This belt will be worn all day, every day.

posted Hide Post
It is the dress belt. I just looked at the email receipt sent to me. I'm hoping this will be as stiff as my old belt was.

Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
It is the dress belt. I just looked at the email receipt sent to me. I'm hoping this will be as stiff as my old belt was.
Those that know me will confirm that if you have an issue or you do not like your product just let me know... I make sure all my belts are used, not just thrown in the closet labeled a bad investment.

Posts: 157 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Those that know me will confirm that if you have an issue or you do not like your product just let me know... I make sure all my belts are used, not just thrown in the closet labeled a bad investment.

Good to know. I'm sure it'll work fine. I'm kinda excited to see if it's what I think it is, which is really close to the CQC belt.

On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Are they the leather belts V?
Yes, leather. I had forgotten that he has at least three different types of belts:
  • Nylon,

• Dress leather, and

• Gun belt.
I can't speak to the first two types, but the third, the gun belt, is two layers of heavy duty leather bonded and stitched together. It is a thick belt, stiff, it notices the weight of any of my SIGs about as much as an elephant notices a flea. You definitely do not need a stiffener with this type.

PC Load Letter

Posts: 14695 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Mike,

What's your current lead time on gun belts?

Edmond

Posts: 7989 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Mike,

What's your current lead time on gun belts?
When I ordered from him, the turnaround time was really fast. I seem to recall that he shipped a made-to-order belt in less than a week.

PC Load Letter

posted Hide Post
Received the Armour belt yesterday. That's a stiff ass belt! It has the stiffener in it and I think I may be able to hang a cinder block off of it.
I haven't worn it yet and I think I'm gonna give it a go today. It is thick for sure and it may not thread through some of my holsters. Have to try it out.
Very pleased though and it looks nice.

Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Received the Armour belt yesterday. That's a stiff ass belt! It has the stiffener in it and I think I may be able to hang a cinder block off of it.
I haven't worn it yet and I think I'm gonna give it a go today. It is thick for sure and it may not thread through some of my holsters. Have to try it out.
Love it! and yes you can hang pretty much anything from it. Let me know if you have any holster issues. I would be curious to know, and if you do maybe I can figure something out to get you a belt that works better for them. Thanks again!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Love it! and yes you can hang pretty much anything from it. Let me know if you have any holster issues. I would be curious to know, and if you do maybe I can figure something out to get you a belt that works better for them. Thanks again!

Thank you for an excellent belt. First day I wore it I decided to test it out with thumb break holster carrying a fully loaded Glock 21. Barely noticed I was carrying it. No sag, no nothing.
I did look at all my holsters I have and 2 have very small slot openings to thread a belt through. It'll go through but it's tight. Also won't go through the clips on a Bianchi Allusion but I've only worn that holster twice. Not my favorite. It's great on some of the single metal clip IWB holsters I have.
Like different pistols for different times of the year, I have different belts. The Armour belt is my favorite so far.
Thank you again.

posted Hide Post
I've got one of Mike's belts on right now. 2.5 inch, tan with white stiching. It carries an all steel 1911 outside the belt without any sag and looks absolutely perfect with jeans and flannel. Should probably cost $25 more than I paid and won't be my last.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 614 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
I've got one of Mike's belts on right now. 2.5 inch, tan with white stiching. It carries an all steel 1911 outside the belt without any sag and looks absolutely perfect with jeans and flannel. Should probably cost $25 more than I paid and won't be my last.

Thanks Muzzle, This is not the first time I heard I was giving them away at a great price, yet for now I'm sticking with that as our company grows. I appreciate all the support I receive here Thank you!

Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
Should probably cost $25 more than I paid.

Muzzle,

You be quiet!!! I haven't ordered a belt yet.

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3033 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post