SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Recommendations for IWB holster for sig 1911 fastback carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for IWB holster for sig 1911 fastback carry Login/Join 
posted
Looking for recommendations on a good IWB for sig 1911 357 carry. Like my crossbreeds bit would prefer something of similar function that is leather lined.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend checking with Milt Sparks to see if they offer their IWBs for your pistol. I know some of the SIG 1911s have slide profiles that differ from other 1911s and how that can sometimes create a holster "challenge," but I'm no expert on that.

Of the Milt Sparks lineup, I'm quite familiar with their VM-2 (Versa-Max 2) and SS-2 (Summer Special 2) holsters, and have one of each for both full-size and Commander-length 1911s. I also have another VM-2 set up with Sparks' proprietary Kydex "clips" to allow for IWB "tucked" carry.

There are other Sparks IWB models that I've heard good things about, I've just never tried them personally.

Whether a Sparks holster or otherwise (this Forum has some very talented makers among its membership), I hope you find what you're looking for!

http://www.miltsparks.com

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendations. Went ahead and grabbed another crossbread off their seconds site for the time being. Should hold me over well till I find something custom I like.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Sparks Summer Special that is 20+ years old and still works like new. Cant be beat for a 1911.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also check Kelly gun leather. Not everyone's choice, but I had him make a C Flex with a thumb brake that I use on my motorcycle and four wheelers. Wouldn't hesitate to order from him again...and probably will...He also makes a holster called the ranger, that will be my next.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
I was at a class this past weekend, and one of the students had one of these:

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Fe...productinfo/F1BLR15/

Very nice.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Personally I love my IWB R Grizzle CS2. Great to work with as well.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post