SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Sig’s Nitron Finish and Kydex Holsters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig’s Nitron Finish and Kydex Holsters Login/Join 
Picture of buggsboy
posted
Here’s a question for you guys that regularly carry your Sig handgun in a Kydex holster: how well does the Nitron finish hold up riding in unlined Kydex holsters? This is just generally speaking, as I know some holsters are finished better, fit better, etc. I’ve always carried mine in leather, and just wondering about Kydex. Thanks

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although not daily carry, I have various SIGs that have been used for training with Kydex holsters extensively for years. None show any wear on the Nitron finish. Nitron is extremely durable and resistant to wear.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends is my experience. I practiced drawing my new P365 from a Zorn Skinny Rig maybe 100 times and it had noticeable wear, especially on the high points. It is currently at CCR to get their CPII treatment which I have had good success with. Compare that to my 10 year’ish old P229 which is holding up like a champ.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry Sigs in Kydex quite frequently. I do see slight wear on the front edges of the slide I attribute to re holstering.
The frames on my poly Sigs show wear in the same area. The poly takes on a... polished look.
For me it not a concern.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post