SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    OWB Kydex Holster for G19 Gen 5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OWB Kydex Holster for G19 Gen 5 Login/Join 
Picture of E_Rock81
posted
Ladies and gentlemen, please recommend a good quality Kydex OWB for a G19. Thank you.

Posts: 1320 | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
+1 for Bravo Concealment. After Raven decided to discontinue their Phantom holster and go to their wonky new design, Bravo Concealment has become my go-to option for standard Kydex OWB holstes.

If you want a second choice, I've also had good luck with JM Custom Kydex.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Gunfighters Inc.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
All of the ones mentioned are great. Personally, I really like blackrhino. I have had a few and use their mag pouches as well when I carry kydex.

I primarily use an OWB for my gen5 19 with TLR7.

With all of the holster and pouches there is an audible 'click' when holstering.

Black Rhino

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vedder holster with the pancake belt loops.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually like Raven's Perun holster and it's a local business so I like supporting them.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I ordinarily am not a big fan of kydex, however I needed a holster for my G19 with TLR-7, someone on this forum recommended Black Rhino. I was, and still am, most impressed with their holster.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R&R Holsters on Amazon. 30 bucks. I have 3 or 4 and they are GTG.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drobinson
posted Hide Post
What are your thoughts on Bravo Concealments IWB Torsion holster? I just ordered their OWB and IWB based on the recommendation in this thread. I like that they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Posts: 563 | Location: SC | Registered: April 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
I actually like Raven's Perun holster and it's a local business so I like supporting them.

I just took a 2-day class with this holster and had a very good experience. Solid holster!

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying that the Perun doesn't work. It seems to be a perfectly good holster. Rather, my gripes with the Perun are threefold, compared to Raven's now-discontinued Phantom holster:

1) Cheaper material than before. They went with an injection-molded, folded plastic design, instead of the previous riveted vacuum-formed kydex.

2) Significantly fewer handgun/light options. You used to be able to get a Phantom for just about any handgun and most major lights. I have Phantoms for every one of my carry setups. With the Perun, unless you're carrying a Glock, P320, or M&P, you're SOL. And only the Glock is available with weaponlights.

3) The Phantom had a wide variety of different belt attachments available. Everything from OWB loops to OWB snaps to OWB wings to IWB clips to IWB loops to IWB struts to offset IWB struts, in a variety of belt sizes. The Perun is only available with 1.5" OWB loops, and they just recently added the option to purchase additional OWB snaps. I use a 1.75" belt, and prefer the OWB pancake wings, so I'm SOL.

I understand why they'd do it from a business perspective (cheaper/easier/faster to produce, with a distinctive design that sets them apart from the new glut of copycat Kydex holster makers), but the fact is that Raven went from offering extremely high quality custom kydex holsters with a huge variety of handguns and mounting options, to cookie-cutter mass-produced injection-molded holsters with few options.

Good for business, since they can now crank out holsters more quickly with a bigger profit margin, but not so good for customers.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex and Bravo Concealment would be my top picks for a G19 kydex OWB.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JM KYdex gets my vote as well.

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex
Bravo Concealment
Tier 1 Concealed
Cascadia Concealment
ANR Design
Black Rhino Concealment

There are hundreds of Kydex benders out there these days and dozens of good ones. I'm sure I'm forgetting some that I have had good luck with.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandboi876
posted Hide Post
One of my faves is the glock sport holster. It's cheap, pretty sturdy and keeps the gun close to the body. May not have flare but it sure works.

Hi my name is Islandboi876 and I'm a gun nut.

Posts: 208 | Location: Portmore, Jamaica | Registered: April 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Blackpoint tactical for all of my glocks. Gen 3s and Gen 5.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PJ Holsters.
I have a IWB holster and if the OWB is anything like what I have, should be good.
Lots of options also.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by islandboi876:
One of my faves is the glock sport holster. It's cheap, pretty sturdy and keeps the gun close to the body. May not have flare but it sure works.

I read this the other day and ordered one. I can't believe I never got one of these Glock holsters sooner!!!

Like you said, does and great job and its super duper cheap!! Thank you

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandboi876
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help. It was the same feeling I got when I first tried it. Could not believe it worked so well.

Hi my name is Islandboi876 and I'm a gun nut.

Posts: 208 | Location: Portmore, Jamaica | Registered: April 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post