SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Ankle holster recs for G26 or 42
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ankle holster recs for G26 or 42 Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Not looking to debate the merits of the carry method, just need a recommendation for the best ankle rig for either a G26 or G42 as a primary gun.

I'm sure the G42 is quite easy to conceal, but the G26 is simply more shootable and a lot more firepower.

What ankle options are out there and best?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Galco Ankle Glove.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.crossbreedholsters...VFADIqwaAvLDEALw_wcB

Friend has one and really likes it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the AlienGear ShapeShift ankle holster. It wraps completely around the holster and ties it right to your ankle - no shifting or rotating.

It is, however, a two part holster. The first part works like an ankle bandage. It has a small slot that holds the rest UP rather than most that need something above to hold it from falling DOWN.

I checked, and that holster is available for both models you mention.

https://aliengearholsters.com/

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I wore a G26 in a Galco Ankle Glove daily for 8 years. Very well made and comfortable holster, and it's still in very good shape. The only reason I went away from it is that my agency bought us new backup guns, and Galco doesn't make an ankle glove for the P320 SC. I now have a Desantis ankle holster which is functional, but nowhere near as nice as my ankle glove was.

Posts: 8411 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Galco ankle glove is always the answer.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Galco or Alessi, you do get what you pay for.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Tried most of them over the years, the Ankle Glove is the best of class (in my opinion).
The Alessi is very well made but didn't cinch up for me and very loose/uncomfortable.
I carry a 27 in the Galco easily when wearing jeans or cargo pants that the legs are boot cut. With dress slacks the Glock 42 or 43 is more concealable.

ETA- the Galco Ankle Lite is a good choice also, have one for my Kahr PM9.

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
The Alessi ankle holster is as good as it gets. I have been carrying a J frame in one since 1996 and a Glock 26 in one for the last 6 years.

I’ve had the Galco Ankle Glove and the Alessi is superior in every aspect.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Your street cops have given the only answer.

Ankle Glove.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
When I worked plainclothes assignments as a LEO, I used the DeSantis "Apache" to carry my M27 Glock.

https://www.desantisholster.com/APACHE-ANKLE-RIG/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
This is what I've used for years. I like it because I can carry a 43, 42, RM380 etc. I had an ankle glove for a G36 years ago but the stretchy stuff tore away from the leather holster. I called Galco and I was not pleased with the service. The holster was only around a year old.

quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
When I worked plainclothes assignments as a LEO, I used the DeSantis "Apache" to carry my M27 Glock.

https://www.desantisholster.com/APACHE-ANKLE-RIG/

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oat_Action_Man, you ought to carry a 33 round Glock mag on the opposite ankle. Big Grin

I've actually considered this.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Your street cops have given the only answer.

Ankle Glove.

Another vote form this. Have worn it daily.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Ankle guard

I have found that galco has a newer take on the ankle glove, the ankle guard. I like this because I am not fond of a thumb break for an ankle holster.

If I were back on patrol I would purchase this for myself.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve carried a G27, G26 and G43 in a Galco Ankle Glove for over 10 years. Highly recommend.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
For those that use the Ankle Glove and clones, do you also wear the calf strap?

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

Never.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

With duty boots, never. I just strap around the top of the boot and let that hold the weight.

Without, yes.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Benner P220. The Ankle Glove is all things that many others are not. I have tried several including the original Galco and some cheaper offerings. The fit and feel of the Ankle Glove is far superior to anything I have found yet. It's secure and comfortable and most jeans or cargos don't get in the way of access. Just MHO.

Posts: 77 | Registered: December 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post