SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Belt recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belt recommendations Login/Join 
posted
A somewhat specific request. I'm looking for a belt for edc for a full size handgun. The belt must be 1 1/4 wide and allow infinite adjustments. So far, I'm only seeing the wilderness product. Any other suggestions from the all knowing hive?

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Big thread just below yours with lots of suggestions...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2330091664

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I would call Beltman or one of the other quality makers and ask if they can add holes between or make them closer. Seems like a small issue to do.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten away from the ‘double-belts’ & prefer a single layer of thick leather.

1 1/4” is enough too, easier to deal with on any pants. Of course, with a heavier gun, a strong belt is essential.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I might try sizing one of my traditional buckle belts. I have a punch so I should be able to get close.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Armour Belts offers 1.25 in belt options and you can get the holes .75 in apart for room to adjust.

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would call Beltman or one of the other quality makers and ask if they can add holes between or make them closer.

To the best of my knowledge, they do offer an option of seven holes 3/4-inch apart instead of the usual five holes one inch apart. What is really needed on leather belts is some kind of f ratcheting mechanism. I have heard of such belts but don't know about their quality or if they are stiff enough to use as a gun belt.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Bullhide makes a belt that uses Velcro instead of a metal buckle.
The Velcro on mine is still going strong, although I don't wear it every day.

ETA: Just checked their website and it looks like it's in 1.5 inch only.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
https://armourbelts.com/

I have one and it is very sturdy. Wearing for 2 yrs now.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Beltman belts are the best. I use them for everyday use even when not carrying.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post