SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Lockdown @ the mall tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lockdown @ the mall tonight Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted
So, we decided to go to the Milwaukee auto show today. We like it better than the Chicago show because it's less crowded. Afterward, we did some shopping and went to Mayfair mall.

There has been a few incidents there in the past few months. But nothing with us there ever and my wife wanted to get some soaps at LUSH, so we went. Afterward we dropped by the food court for a snack. This is where it got interesting.

The mall has a rule that anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and they are usually very good about it. Heck, they stopped my kids when they were walking ahead of us on a previous visit. It was apparent that there were many kids there in the mall without supervision. While sitting there eating, I noticed that there was a crowd of teenagers started to gather about 75 feet behind me. A couple of shoves happened between a couple of them and I watched the mall security guards jumping into the fray. I told the family it was time to go..and we made our way out of the food court. As we were leaving, more kids and guards moved toward the food court.

Thinking it was being mopped up by security, the kid and the wife asked if they can stop in just one store before we left. They went inside and I posted myself just outside the store...checking the SIG forum on the phone. All of a sudden there were some yelling that alerted me and I watched about 12 kids were running full speed away from the food court area. I moved toward the doors of the store and was trying to look in the direction those kids were running from. I noticed the employees were rushing to close the door. My wife yelled at me to come inside. As I was walking in, I overheard some of the other people rushing into the store that there was yelling of a gun or a knife. I did not hear any shots. It was somewhat surreal and I observe all the other stores shutting doors or gates and retreating to the back of the store. After about 5 minutes, we observed other shoppers starting to walk past the store and they finally let us out. We immediately left the mall.

I had my P365 with me and, for grin and giggles, also threw my RM380 onto my belt as well before entering. That was 17 rounds total. Afterward, I was deep in thought as to what I should learn from it. I did have a flashlight on me..that was good..but no knife. I definitely need to incorporate mag carriers and carry extra magazines. Ultimately, I think we will avoid that mall for a while. Think I missed anything?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Did you mean teenagers......or "teens"?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Isn't Milwaukee kind of a cesspool? I would avoid it lol

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Teens, tweens, teenagers. Mostly.

The Mayfair mall is in the suburbs and is one of the nicer malls. It has much higher end stores than a typical mall.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Milwaukee is a mini version of Chicago. Most of it's good with a portion that is no go. These flash mobs happen everywhere.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:

I had my P365 with me and, for grin and giggles, also threw my RM380 onto my belt as well before entering. That was 17 rounds total. Afterward, I was deep in thought as to what I should learn from it. I did have a flashlight on me..that was good..but no knife. I definitely need to incorporate mag carriers and carry extra magazines. Ultimately, I think we will avoid that mall for a while. Think I missed anything?

An IFAK with a tourniquet would be a good add. When SHTF medical won't get to you or your wife for a while.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Excerpt:
quote:

Once [police] arrived, they saw that 35 juveniles were actually involved.

Three of those juveniles were arrested, issued citations and then released to their guardians.

Here's an outrageous idea: Arrest every last one of the juveniles involved, cart 'em off to the hoosegow, and let their "guardians" come down there and pay the fine to get 'em out.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Haven’t been to a mall of any sort in years and don’t miss it.
High prices, crowds, germs, crime, door dings, dealing with people I don’t want to deal with, did miss anything?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I was just at the mall yesterday with my 13 yr old son. Nothing happened but before we went in, I gave him a tourniquet and two extra mags to carry on his belt. I make my kids be the mule.

My daughter showed up at the mall with her friends (my phone alerted me she was near) and I told her standard operating procedure if anything happens. (Get safe and call me and I will go to her).

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Where the heck is Gecko45 when he's needed?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Where the heck is Gecko45 when he's needed?

By the time he finished duct taping the armor plates to his back, the incident was already over.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post