SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Leather OWB and the 225.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leather OWB and the 225..... Login/Join 
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted
I EDC my Sig 225 and don't have any desire to change the pistol. I can no longer carry IWB because there is more of "me" than I like to admit. I'm really interested in Cross-Draw or Strong-Side Leather OWB Carry with the 225. What do you guys like in this combo? I'll also carry a spare mag weak side....Currently carrying in an exquisite TT Gunleather IWB...Thanks very much.....Zebulon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zebulon,

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that I carry either a P229 or P225A1 in a DeSantis leather pancake holster and it is quite comfortable but if you are going to carry outside the waistband you need a reinforced belt. At the moment I am using a 5.11 belt with a Kydex backing but there are plenty of excellent options from a number of manufactures including Crossbreed and Looper.

It might require a slight change in wardrobe if you have a long torso that results in the hem of your shirts riding up. If that is the case you may need to start buying tall sized shirts to ward against accidentally exposing the pistol.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased the Safariland 6377 for P225 it is a ALS auto locking system. It can be used both strong and cross draw. I do not have enough time to comment further but I wanted to share the 6377 can be used both draw.

-2SiGs

Posts: 194 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm using this Don Hume open top. Comes with a nice sweat guard.
[EMAIL] http://www.donhume.com/index.p...oducts_id=44[/EMAIL]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
If you like TT I'd look at his OWB selection. The high-ride pancake looks excellent. Pancake-style with regular (non-snap) belt slots is the best OWB setup for me.

Otherwise, the first place I look for leather is always RGrizzle.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post

Sideguard Holsters makes IWB/OWB holsters for the P225.
The one that I have for my P225 is a tuckable IWB and one of my most comfortable holsters.
Very durable; I bought it in 2010 and pretty much looks the same as it did when I got it.
He does make several types of OWB holsters and his lead times are short for a custom holster maker.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I use a SlideGuard from High Noon Holster for my 225 - very stable and flat

https://www.highnoonholsters.c...holsters/slide-guard

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4570 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm using a Ritchie belt speed scabbard I had that was made for a long gone P2000s. Fits perfectly - go figure. Most leather P239 holsters will work also - just gotta check them.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your suggestions Guys.....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
For my P6 I use the holster that was shipped with them, when I carry my 229R, FNP40 or my H&K P30 Iuse a holster that was custom made for the 229 from tucker gun leather the HF2. It will work for all three.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post