SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Belts for carry
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Belts for carry Login/Join 
Member
Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
You're right about me hearing it more -- even my wife (who is sensitive about most other things) didn't think it was all that bad.

But I'll look for that Kiwi paste, as well as see what the belt maker says (the main reason I posted here is that he has already commented in this thread so I was hoping he chime in again).

I very much like this belt otherwise.
Sorry for the delay, I was out of town for a couple days. I have used the kiwi paste as well and although i never thought of talc powder I am definitely going to give this a try.

Unfortunately I do not get many new belts now since I have about 15 hanging on my closet door handle. Keep me updated and if you still have issues later down the road please let me know.

As for the break in. It may look uncomfortable but after a few weeks of wear I think you will love it.

Great to read all your thoughts on it. Feel free to email me anytime if you have any concerns at all. I want to make sure my products are a good investment rather than thrown in the old box of holsters.
~Mike
 
Posts: 157 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for responding. I'll defintely let you know how it works down the road (for one thing, I will buy at least one or two more -- as soon as I get my holster/belt down I like to have them just already on the two or three pants/shorts combos I wear so I'm not having to rethread them whenever I change. Plus -- love the color combos :>Wink


Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
 
Posts: 370 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
Thanks for responding. I'll defintely let you know how it works down the road (for one thing, I will buy at least one or two more -- as soon as I get my holster/belt down I like to have them just already on the two or three pants/shorts combos I wear so I'm not having to rethread them whenever I change. Plus -- love the color combos :>Wink
Thank you very much Mike!
 
Posts: 157 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bendable
posted Hide Post
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...620054014#5620054014





Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.



Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
 
Posts: 43155 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I did buy a Hank's belt but because it was only a single layer it wasn't as nice as the Armourbelt one.

Don't get me wrong, it works and is a nice belt, just not quite as nice. Plus Armourbelts have a lot of great color combos Hank doesn't. The price was pretty close.


Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
 
Posts: 370 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
The issue I have is with my leather holster on it creaks with every move I make. While it's still "concealed" it's a bit like having a bell that goes off and says "HEY I'M WEARING A GUN!".
I use Mitch Rosen's Leather Lightning. It is recommended for the inside of the holster but works well on the outside too.


Thanks,
~Farther~
 
Posts: 3632 | Location: CA/OR Frontier | Registered: November 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Farther:
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
The issue I have is with my leather holster on it creaks with every move I make. While it's still "concealed" it's a bit like having a bell that goes off and says "HEY I'M WEARING A GUN!".
I use Mitch Rosen's Leather Lightning. It is recommended for the inside of the holster but works well on the outside too.


i have a Mich Rosen belt http://mitchrosen.com/products/belts/ and use Mitch Rosen's Leather Lightning





"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--


Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

 
Posts: 411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
You're right about me hearing it more -- even my wife (who is sensitive about most other things) didn't think it was all that bad.

Plus you know what it is. 99-44/100% of people will not--even if they do notice it.

It's like the whole "printing" thing. Yes: We try to avoid it, but, unless it's really bad, most people aren't going to notice and most that do won't make the connection. It's just a "shape."




"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
 
Posts: 10401 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know that intellectually, but it still bothers me.

I keep saying to myself, "Have *I* ever heard something like this and if I did would I immediately think "GUN!"" and the answer is no, but I will feel better if some of the solutions suggested here fix it (I haven't tried any yet but will tomorrow -- haven't carried for a week due to my tennis schedule).


Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
 
Posts: 370 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
Yeah, I know that intellectually, but it still bothers me.

I keep saying to myself, "Have *I* ever heard something like this and if I did would I immediately think "GUN!"" and the answer is no, but I will feel better if some of the solutions suggested here fix it (I haven't tried any yet but will tomorrow -- haven't carried for a week due to my tennis schedule).
Any luck with the noise level on your new belt? Just want to make sure you're 100% satisfied if not just shoot me an email. Thanks again Kelleytoons
 
Posts: 157 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I appreciate you checking back.

I've been carrying and maybe it's just the belt breaking in, or maybe it's just because I'm either outside or inside where there are people making noise, but I don't really hear anything even without trying one of those solutions.

I think the issue is that when I put it on inside my house and first adjust it it's VERY noticable then. But since I'm not one of those folks who even worry about printing I don't think I'm going to worry about this anymore (my one and only concern ever with carrying here in Florida, where there is a specific law that protects you even with accidental CC exposure, is that I might be asked to leave a place that has a "No Guns" posted. If they can do that because they hear leather, then they don't deserve my business anyway :>Wink.

And, as I said, after this winter I'm sure to get another belt (I kind of like the combo with the blue stiching and dark leather -- you have lots of very nice possibilities).


Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
 
Posts: 370 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
I appreciate you checking back.

I've been carrying and maybe it's just the belt breaking in, or maybe it's just because I'm either outside or inside where there are people making noise, but I don't really hear anything even without trying one of those solutions.

I think the issue is that when I put it on inside my house and first adjust it it's VERY noticable then. But since I'm not one of those folks who even worry about printing I don't think I'm going to worry about this anymore (my one and only concern ever with carrying here in Florida, where there is a specific law that protects you even with accidental CC exposure, is that I might be asked to leave a place that has a "No Guns" posted. If they can do that because they hear leather, then they don't deserve my business anyway :>Wink.

And, as I said, after this winter I'm sure to get another belt (I kind of like the combo with the blue stiching and dark leather -- you have lots of very nice possibilities).

Thank you for the update. I kinda figured it would work itself out after a bit of use. Things will work into place naturally and it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks again Mike!
 
Posts: 157 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Early in the thread, someone mentioned Wilderness Tactical belts. I ended up getting one for my wife and I, and I'm very impressed! The buckle is super heavy duty, and appears that it could support a small car!
I won't be using it until Dec 10th at a gun course we're doing, but I just wanted to say thanks for recommending it!
 
Posts: 113 | Location: New Orleans  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SlimMan
posted Hide Post
I've used many. The best of the bunch has been a couple (1.25 and 1.5") from The Beltman. My oldest I've been wearing almost daily for 7 years and it still has many miles to go.
 
Posts: 239 | Location: Parrish FL | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I have had friends scoff at what I have spent on good gun belts. Then they eventually come and ask for a recommendation when they finally get convinced to carry every day. I tell them to go and find a cheap one, in fact the cheaper the better. When they ask why, I tell them that way, they won't have wasted as much money finding their way to understanding of why cheap is a bad way to go.

There are some people who can't take advice on face value and make their own considered determinations. You always wind up in an argument with them, as if you were trying to sell them something. I won't willingly talk to someone I already know to be that way.
 
Posts: 4065 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Well some interesting ideas here folks. I had never heard of the belt makers you talked about but had heard on other forums about Big Foot belts. My problem, carrying a S&W 9mm Shield is that I have to cinch the belt till it restricts blood flow(laugh her folks)to stop it from sagging and feeling like my pants were coming down. Living in Florida, I wear shorts almost 12 months(my previous life was Vermont)so some of the problem may be thin material. Big Foot has a model with a steel insert. I guess I will see how that works out. If no go I will read this section again and see about another belt. I just want to tighten my belt normally.

paul


No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were.”

Marriage is a “keystone of our social order,” Justice Kennedy said, adding that the plaintiffs in the case were seeking “equal dignity in the eyes of the law.”
 
Posts: 25 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
Picture of OldMick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
Jerry "thebeltman.com" did retire several years ago, however his nephew (who apprenticed under jerry) Mike now runs the business under the name Armour Belts.

www.armourbelts.com


Hmmm...just fyi: ordered a new belt from Mike at Armour Belts yesterday. He said there is no connection between Armour belts and the Beltman belts. That Belt man is a competitor but is indeed being run by "someone" who bought the business.

Regardless, he quoted delivery time of about a week, door to door. Said I should receive it by the end of next week. Looks like good quality, anxious to receive it.

ETA - Received the belt and my initial reaction is that I couldn't be happier. As a reference, I wear/have worn Wilderness Tactical, Rafter S Gunleather, Beltman and a dress gunbelt from DeSantis.

The Armour Belt is stiffer than any I've worn in the past. I know it will break in after a few weeks, but it's exactly what I had in mind. As an aside, it's has "Handcrafted for" on the inside followed by the owners name. Of course that has nothing to do with how if performs but certainly a nice touch.

Definitely a quality product, I highly recommend it - and thanks, Mike, very nice job!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OldMick,
 
Posts: 1385 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
Picture of OldMick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
Jerry "thebeltman.com" did retire several years ago, however his nephew (who apprenticed under jerry) Mike now runs the business under the name Armour Belts.

www.armourbelts.com


Hmmm...just fyi: ordered a new belt from Mike at Armour Belts yesterday. He said there is no connection between Armour belts and the Beltman belts. That Belt man is a competitor but is indeed being run by "someone" who bought the business.

Regardless, he quoted delivery time of about a week, door to door. Said I should receive it by the end of next week. Looks like good quality, anxious to receive it.

---------------------

ETA - Received the belt and my initial reaction is that I couldn't be happier. As a reference, I wear/have worn Wilderness Tactical, Rafter S Gunleather, Beltman and a dress gunbelt from DeSantis.

The Armour Belt is stiffer than any I've worn in the past. I know it will break in after a few weeks, but it's exactly what I had in mind. As an aside, it's has "Handcrafted for" on the inside followed by the owners name. Of course that has nothing to do with how if performs but certainly a nice touch.

Definitely a quality product, I highly recommend it - and thanks, Mike, very nice job!
 
Posts: 1385 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Mikedare
posted Hide Post
The Armour Belt is stiffer than any I've worn in the past. I know it will break in after a few weeks, but it's exactly what I had in mind. As an aside, it's has "Handcrafted for" on the inside followed by the owners name. Of course that has nothing to do with how if performs but certainly a nice touch.

Definitely a quality product, I highly recommend it - and thanks, Mike, very nice job![/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Thank you very much Old Mick! keep me posted how it holds up. Or if you ever have an issue.
 
Posts: 157 | Location: Ludington MI | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just recd my new Beltman belt today. All I can say is wow.
Great product and service. Won't be my last purchase.


Sig 229/.40 S&W
Sig Pro 2022 9mm
Sig 938 2 Tone
 
Posts: 94 | Location: SE CT | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Belts for carry

© SIGforum 2017