SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Traveling to Maine question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling to Maine question Login/Join 
posted
Maine does not recognize my Utah and Arizona out of state permits. If I fly to Maine and rent a car, can I keep either a handgun or long gun in the vehicle?

The handgun could be kept in the trunk, and brought into a hotel at night.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Maine has gone to Constitutional carry, so you're good to go in Maine. Also include New Hampshire and Vermont as good to go if you want to carry there. Just read up on current Maine gun laws.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2406 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maine has gone to Constitutional carry

Thanks for the update, that is most helpful.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In NH, permitless carry applies only to handguns. Loaded long gun in a car is still prohibited.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Maine as a hole is constitutional carry however Acadia National Park is separated if I’m not mistaken. I can’t remember the laws for Acadia, but know they were different when I looked last year.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maine has gone to Constitutional carry, so you're good to go in Maine.

Well, that sure flew under the radar. Smile

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post