SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    9 mm for ankle carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9 mm for ankle carry Login/Join 
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted
I've been carrying a P3AT in a Galko Ankle Glove for a few years, but I'd like to replace it with something a little more reliable, since it's become my primary carry. Looking for recommendations for a single-stack 9 light and small enough.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PM9 or its cheaper (and nearly identical ) brother the CM9. I have both but have not done ankle carry in many years.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I have two friends who ankle carry M&P Shields when they want deep concealment.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
The Sig P938 or new P365 are smaller & lighter than most other 9mm. May well suit your needs.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger LC9S

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my P290!

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I carry a Glock 43 on my ankle 5 days per week. Other than a J frame, it’s the only gun that has been comfortable on my ankle.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Kahr PM9 started to malfunction after 2 years. Kahr was not vey helpful in solving problem. Glock 43 has been very reliable for last 2 years. It is the same size length and height as j frame snub with the flush magazine.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the P938. I like the Bugbite holster with a 6 rd mag in the gun and a 7 rd mag in the mag pocket on the holster.

Mostly 9mm and .45 ACP:
P226 Enhanced Elite
P938 SAS
P320 Compact w/subcompact grip
P225-A1 two-tone
Bunch of Dan Wessons
Assorted Berettas, CZs, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a Sig P290RS. WHile I haven't tried it in an ankle holster, with the short magazine, it should work. My PPK did, and it was probably larger.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
PM9 or its cheaper (and nearly identical ) brother the CM9. I have both but have not done ankle carry in many years.

+1 for the PM9. I've carried one in a renegade holster for over 15 years

Proverbs 21:31

Posts: 450 | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
My P290RS carries great in an ankle holster and prints less than my J Frame does.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther PPS might also be something you want to look into.

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I now carry the G43 but for many years carried the Kahr PM9 without any issues. Either one will serve you fine.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've been ankle carrying (above boots) a Glock 26 in a Galco Ankle Glove daily for the past 8 years. I don't even notice that it's there anymore.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post