SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Does Anyone Here Use A Belly Band Type Holster?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Here Use A Belly Band Type Holster? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Looking for some ideas here. I just cannot get into belt carry no matter how much I try.

Current carry guns are Keltec P3AT and PF9

The P3AT is fine to pocket carry which is my go-to carry method but the PF9 is a little more challenging for pocket carry and I'm looking into a Belly Band type carry method. I can pocket the PF9 in my khakis just barely but in jeans, fuggedabout it.

Looking to see if anyone had any experience with them?

Posts: 27002 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Yes, desantis brand band, with my Walther PPS. I wore it at my belt line. It works well, but not the fastest for drawing.

Posts: 8987 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.smartcarry.com/ has several different options, though heavy guns are likely to sag a little. It's great deep concealment, no one is going to spot your gun.

This works great with my LCP or G-43X and a spare mag:

https://www.smartcarry.com/gun-mag-holster

As was already pointed out, it's not the fastest for drawing but beats not carrying.

Posts: 14775 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Crossbreed. Its modular and the holsters for it are Velcro backed Kydex. This makes for a more secure carry and the added bonus of being able to attach the holster to Velcro equipped packs and bags. Great quality and service too.
I dont wear it often because my body shape (IOW, fat) makes it less effective for me.
YMMV.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 11332 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Alien gear set up for my Kahr P380. I use it when I am going to be more active for the day. I think alot depends on your body type when it comes to belly bands. I wear mine right above my belt line, i.e. i don't have the band below the top hem of my shorts/jeans.

Posts: 218 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post