SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    New Mexico/Louisiana No Longer Honor Each Other
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico/Louisiana No Longer Honor Each Other Login/Join 
Picture of Gary Slider
posted
New Mexico and Louisiana no longer honor each other’s permit/license to carry. Ending years of back and forth with getting answers from either state being almost as hard as finding hens teeth. You can see both states listings below. If you look at New Mexico’s listing you will see that they state a lot of states don’t honor them when they actually do. Leave it to New Mexico to remove in their listing that Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota, Utah and Wisconsin honored the New Mexico Permit. Those states all still honor the NM Permit. New Mexico just won’t list them for their residents to know that.
https://www.dps.nm.gov/reciprocity
http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gary Slider,

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Posts: 489 | Location: New Martinsville, WV | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Any time I need this kind of information I go to your site....I know I can depend on you and Steve to keep us informed.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
New Mexico is run by a bunch of crooked DemocRATS. No surprise here. Of the two states, I'd put a lot more faith in Louisiana in protecting the 2nd Amendment.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post