SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    OWB Concealed Leather Holster Recommendations that holds close to the body with Clips instead of Loops
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OWB Concealed Leather Holster Recommendations that holds close to the body with Clips instead of Loops Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
Looking for suggestions and experiences with leather holsters, something along the lines and design of a Galco Combat Master, that have belt clips for easier on and off but that still works well with a good belt to keep the pistol snugly close to the body. I have always carried IWB except for that brief time period where tactical fanny packs were en vogue (yes, I admit that I participated Razz ). I really want to give OWB concealed carry a try, but again, looking for a holster as mentioned above. The holster should be available for both a snub revolver and an M&P 3.6 Compact or even a G19 as I would like to have the option of either but if a maker only has one or the other and you like / recommend them that's fine too.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Not clips, but Ryan Grizzle makes an excellent example of the snap loop style. He calls it the Georgia Snap 2.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/owb-holsters.html

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Thank you for mentioning the snap loop holsters. I stumbled across some with the snaps and it looks like that is the only viable alternative to the traditional belt loops. I know Ryan does some great work but his wait times are a little long right now. I may need to find an alternative for now while I consider putting in an order to receive three+ months from now.

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Wright Leather Works may help:

https://www.wrightleatherworks...cobra-hybrid-holster

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Tim Turner at TT Gunleather makes an excellent product and currently has a very short wait list.

Depending what pistol it is for, Top GunSupply may have a Ritchie snap loose holster in stock. Ritchie is making his variation of the Lou Alessi design that the snap loop holsters originated from.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you go with snap off: Winthrop Holsters Hammerhead.
$55 bucks. No wait. Fits your guns. I have one for my 320 Compact.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the recommendations in this and some other belt / holster threads I was reading. I decided that I did not want a compromise holster with snaps or belt clips, as I wanted the smallest possible form factor for carrying OWB so I chose a Wright Leatherworks Predator for my M&P 2.0 3.6" Compact along with one of their Bull Hide belts. It just so happens I received an email from them a couple of days ago, since I was on their mailing list, for 15% off your order, so I went ahead and placed my order and opted for the Rush Order option to get them here by Christmas (2 to 3 weeks vs 6 to 8 weeks).

Really looking forward to receiving these and trying them out!

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
I love this guy's stuff, and among the types of holsters he makes are what you're looking for:

https://donsleathershop.com/

I have several of his "close fitting, clip inside belt" holsters, which I use for concealed carry.

Posts: 327 | Location: Frankfort, Kentucky.  | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post