SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Glock 19 holster
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 holster Login/Join 
posted
I havnt looked for a g19 holster for awhile, looking for something that would work for CC but also be ok for hiking or something with a tucked in shirt and not concealed.

I’m hoping for leather rather than kydex for this one, OWB, simple (no extra magazine holders).

Who makes a good one now? Is there any guys here making them? I’d be happy to support a forum member.

Thanks!

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Look up RGrizzle Holsters. Member here. I remember the day he showed up as the FNG and wondered if he could get 30-35$ for his stuff. He was quickly put straight that what he makes is worth a lot more. He’s a forum asset.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
My favorite is "The Regulator" from Nate at Ugly Bald Guy holsters. ubgholsters.com

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll second Rgrizzle as long as you have the time to wait. His stuff is more than worth it.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/index.html

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
http://ttgunleather.com/ is my go-to holster maker.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Grizzle is a work of art. If you don't want to wait:
Winthrop Leather. Great stuff priced right and great service.
DeSantis Mini Scabbard. I have several.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BEAR45
posted Hide Post
I'll third Rgrizzle , a few years ago I worked with Ryan on a problem I was having (my fault) with a magazine holder and he treated me with respect, he is a man of his word and within two weeks another magazine holder showed up at my home that was exactly what I wanted. We need more people like this in business. He is a master craftsman second to none.

Posts: 359 | Location: Parker,Colorado,USA | Registered: May 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
My favorite is "The Regulator" from Nate at Ugly Bald Guy holsters. ubgholsters.com

He makes really good stuff!

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
Look up RGrizzle Holsters. Member here. I remember the day he showed up as the FNG and wondered if he could get 30-35$ for his stuff. He was quickly put straight that what he makes is worth a lot more. He’s a forum asset.

I got one of the first ones of those Big Grin

Would gladly have paid 2x after, once I realized how good it was!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LAG makes decent holsters that hold up, reversible for inside the waistband, or out. I carry my G32 that way.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
http://ttgunleather.com/ is my go-to holster maker.

I had him buld his AIWB rig for my Wilson/Beretta Cen Tac, slick work.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
For leather cry once and give Rgrizzle a chance. Kydex would be my first choice by a large margin for your stated purposes however.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Don Hume. Sounds ancient, but the quality and value can’t be beat.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
For good quality leather OWB with a pretty short wait time and excellent pricing, I'd recommend UBG Holsters. I like his RTBA model. It has a medium ride height and a bit of forward cant.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Ryan Grizzle is excellent.

I also like TT Gunleather and they are currently running about a 3 week wait on new orders.

I've gotten a couple of Ritchie holsters from Top Gun Supply that I like, if not quite as much as Grizzle or TT.

Galco and Don Hume used to be decent options for off the shelf, but the quality of Galco has fallen badly and I'm not even sure if Hume still exists. I know the last few examples I saw bore little relation to the quality I was used to back when I started my career.

I've got a UBG Regulator for my 239. The quality is nowhere near as high (at least from an aesthetic standpoint) as Grizzle or TT, but it is a very servicable rig.

Another option is Lobo Gunleather. They changed hands awhile back, but the new folk are putting out some pretty high quality stuff. Most of my duty gear since I got promoted out of uniform comes from them. Their Advanced Pancake is exceptionally rugged. I got one in basketweave for my 229 3 years ago. After near daily wear at work it still looks nearly new and retains the weapon perfectly when inverted.

One of the many nice things about the 19 is that EVERYONE makes a holster for it.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
TT Gunleather should be the shortest wait, but R. Grizzle leather, you can pay extra and get bumped up quick.

Either or, you can't go wrong with them. Each are ninjas at their trades and the Customer Service is top notch.

I've got a rig being made from Nightingale Leather, but they are 28 weeks or more out.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have been through a lot of holsters and my favorite is Kramer. Kramer uses horsehide. The wait time is short.

I have one for my duty gun and one on the way for my off-duty.

The others mentioned are all great, I've just had great luck with Kramer and their horsehide scabbards.

kramerleather.com

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Going to second Kramer, specifically the Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard.

I have been using this holster since the early 90s. Used it during my plain clothes days too. Different guns over the years - all my primary EDC guns have ridden in a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard the majority of the time.

I EDC a Glock 19 now, it goes in a Kramer during the Spring, Fall, and Winter months. I'll switch to an IWB during the summer or when I want/need a little more concealment.

Good luck with your choice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stealthgear Ventcore IWB Mini

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
If I was into hiking and wanted to carry my pistol, I would be looking for a holster with a retaining strap.

For EDC I do not like retaining straps. YMMV

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post