SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Can anyone identify this custom holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone identify this custom holster? Login/Join 
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted
This is an OWB rough-out holster made in the stye of the Ritchie CQ-CR, but it also has a flap in the rear that appears to be intended to tuck under a belt or waistband for additional stabilization. It has a maker's mark on the back, but I cannot make it out, nor do I recognize it. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Gonzo

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3093 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maybe send this link to Desantis

https://www.desantisholster.com/carry-styles/owb/

or just the pictures to them .

to see if its one of theirs , that might be discontinued

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's not the Desantis maker's mark.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post

That would be the work of one Mr. Doyle Burdette.

www.Burdettecustomholsters.com

Really nice fellow, very comfortable and well-made holsters and accessories.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
Brilliant! Thank you, Mooney. I knew if the answer was to be found anywhere, it would be in this august group.

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3093 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great job mooney !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys... I love that holster. I’ve had it for a couple years and it still looks pretty much brand new. My 226 in .40 rides like it’s not even there.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post