SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Mika Holsters - Perfect Pocket Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mika Holsters - Perfect Pocket Carry Login/Join 
posted
I prefer pocket carry, and had used some of the better known holster brands previously, and then I came across Mika Holsters. I read their positive reviews and the prices were, more than, reasonable, so I figured I’d give them a shot (no pun intended). They are now hands down my go to favorite and only holster. I have a Smith and Wesson Shield, a Ruger LC9S Pro and a new and great Sig Sauer P365, each one with a Mika Pocket Holster that fits like a glove. They are well constructed and perfect for pocket carry. They fit their respective weapons well, closely cover the trigger guard so the chance of you accidentally placing your finger in the trigger guard is as close to nil as posible, they do not print, and even if they did, it would look like something other than a handgun or handgun holster. They also have the unusual characteristic of once the firearm is drawn, you can actually place it back in the holster without removing the holster from your pocket. All this at a very very mreasonable price, both absolutely and comparatively. I can say unequivocally that their pocket holsters do everything you could ask of them and then some. I would give them an unqualified 10. I know they make other style holsters as well, and I’m confident they do so with the same dedication to quality that they display on their pocket holsters, but I’m really loving my P365 with my black Mika pocket holstet!

Posts: 2 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I only hear good things about them, I'm a DeSantis Nemesis fan myself. The thing is, each time I see a pic of a Mika pocket holster it looks excessively "fat" to me? The Nemesis is nice and flat and acquires a slight curve over time.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I carried a S&W J-Frame BUG for several years as a with a Mike pocket holster. They're outstanding.

The Mika holster I owned was noticeably thinner and more pliable than the Desantis Nemesis.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The thing is, each time I see a pic of a Mika pocket holster it looks excessively "fat" to me?

This appearance is deceiving.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I carried a S&W J-Frame BUG for several years as a with a Mike pocket holster. They're outstanding.

The Mika holster I owned was noticeably thinner and more pliable than the Desantis Nemesis.

My experience as well. Plus Bob is former LAPD which I also like. Support a brother.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have one (well, two) for my j-frames, and also have one for my Seecamp. It won't wow you like a leather holster, but it sure does work extremely well and he is a good guy to deal with.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we have two, square and round for my wifes 642. Still not a holster out there that does what these do as well as these do it.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BloodyThumb
posted Hide Post
I've been using one of his cuff sleeves for about 6 years now.

It's ugly to look at but beautiful at holding my big boy cuffs in my uniform cargo pocket. Stays put, even when withdrawing the cuffs under... uhhhh.... stress?

Thanks,
BT

Seek out those called “experts” by the ones who have earned your respect. Avoid those who publicly proclaim themselves as one. Especially if they are selling T-shirts.

Posts: 167 | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I carried my J-frame S&W backup guns in a Mika Pocket Holster for over two decades as a LEO. Since I retired, I frequently use one when I'm carrying my Ruger LCP. They are a great combo for summer shorts weather!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post