SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    P232 carry options?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P232 carry options? Login/Join 
posted
For those of you that carry a P232, what holsters are you using? Pictures would be nice.

I have a Bianchi paddle holster with thumb break that I like, but it sticks out a lot, somewhat negating the slim profile of the 232.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I carried a P230 for many years using various inside the waistband clip-on holsters. I thought that they worked well for the small light pistol. They were easy on and off, provided good concealment and were comfortable. I used several different brands. High Noon Mr Softy and Bare Asset are two examples.

The picture is my P232 in a TT Gunleather OWB that was pretty comfortable, although it didn't conceal quite as well as the IWBs.

This picture is my P230 in my favorite holster for it, a Milt Sparks IWB.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Arty.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I actually use a clip draw for my P232. It's certainly not for everyone.

I've used it on my daily carry P232 for the past 14 years.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chinaclipper
posted Hide Post
A Crossbreed Supertuck works real well also. After carrying the larger Sig all winter, it makes it
feel like nothing is there.

Posts: 195 | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if Bianchi still makes it or not, but my favorite P230 / P232 holster was a Number 3 Pistol Pocket. It is IWB and I am not an IWB fan. I even wore it between my belt and pants a few times. Great little holster.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15974 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
Mostly carry the 232 as a back up gun on my ankle in a Galco Ankle Glove. I once bought a pocket holster for it (Aker or Dedantis...I just don't remember) but it was too big to fit in most of my pants. For comparison purposes, I had better luck carrying my G26 in my pocket than the 232.

All the best

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P230 in my favorite IWB

Often copied, but rarely equaled, the inside-the-waistband model Versa Max 2, or model VM-2 is a classic, Milt Sparks Holsters, original design concept.

-2SiGs

Posts: 194 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
well, here is the voice of irrationality again. I used to carry a 232 before I got a 239. I carried them on holsters attached to my vest. When I just carried the 232, I just stuck it in my waistband. I have never seen a running thug lose his gun for want of a holster.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post