SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    CWP instruction needed. Holly Springs, NC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CWP instruction needed. Holly Springs, NC Login/Join 
posted
My son just moved to the area and needs to get his NC CWP. Any suggestions on trainers in the Raleigh, Cary or Holly Springs area? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr.9mm,

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
My son just moved to the area and needs to get his NC CWP. Any suggestions on trainers in the Raleigh, Cary or Mt. Holly area? Thanks.

Mt Holly is in the Charlotte area, not Raleigh/Cary. If I were him, have him call Hyatt’s Gun Shop and ask what the schedule / availability is for a class with Dan Starks. I took mine with him back in ‘03 when I moved down from Pennsylvania. It was a good course at the time I took it.

https://www.hyattgunstore.com/...ed-carry-course.html

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for catching that! Having a senior moment. Edited the title and OP for clarification.

posted Hide Post
Fuquay Gun & Gold in Fuquay Varina, very good class and they have them every Saturday. I highly recommend them based on the class I took 5 years ago.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll pass on any suggestions the members care to share. He has his SC CWP, but due to promotion, is moving to Holly Springs, NC to be near Raleigh for work.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Thanks! I'll pass on any suggestions the members care to share. He has his SC CWP, but due to promotion, is moving to Holly Springs, NC to be near Raleigh for work.

If they are more up towards Burlington, I’m happy to help them. Also, one of my best friends works for the town of Holly Springs. Happy to try and get any questions answered.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
2nd vote for FG&G

girlfriend got hers done there - whole thing completed all in 1 day.

I got mine done elsewhere.... do not remember the name of the organization... but they were some jackasses

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center on Tryon Road, Raleigh.

Their trainer is retired from the NC Department of Justice and he is the one who wrote/developed the NC Concealed Carry Training Course.

They also have an indoor range for qualification.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SJS
posted Hide Post
Triangle Shooting Academy in Raleigh near the airport.

They have a great SIG store inside too.

SJS

Posts: 682 | Location: NC | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you go to Fuquay G&G prepare to be very tempted by their display of probably 6-700 guns. And Holly Springs and Fuquay- Varina abut each other. The other choices are great, but it’s likely a 10-15 minute drive for your son to FG&G

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies! I’ve passed the info on to him. Looking forward to our next visit up there so I can check out FG&G.