SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    PA CCW Holder Wants To Carry in More States - Please Help.

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PA CCW Holder Wants To Carry in More States - Please Help. Login/Join 
Picture of Knezz
posted
I'm in Pennsylvania and want to pick up a few additional states - Delaware, South Carolina, (New Jersey which ain't going to happen) and (Maryland- which also won't happen). Maybe someone who is more versed at this can give me a path? It appears to get too expensive getting multiple CCWs only to pick up one or two states.

I will probably never visit Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico or Washington.

PA - Resident
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Florida -Non_Resident
Delaware, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico,

Texas - Non-Resident
Delaware, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico,

Arizona - Non-Resident
Delaware, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico

Nevada - Non-Resident
Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico

Oklahoma Non-Resident
Delaware, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Washington,

Utah - Non-Resident
Delaware, Nebraska, Nevada, Washington

South Carolina - Non-Resident
Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, South Carolina

Maine - Non-Resident
Delaware, Nebraska

North Carolina - Non-Resident
Delaware, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico,, Washington

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3003 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Knock yourself out:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 2676 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Knock yourself out:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

I did Mad

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3003 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From my limited research, in order for SC to honor your permit, you need to be a resident from a reciprocal state & have a permit from said state. As an Oregon resident, it looks like I can never carry concealed in SC unless I become a resident of one the states below & have an issued-permit from that state Mad

*this is also why I've pretty much refused to visit SC.

As per SC LED:

quote:
RECIPROCITY

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho (Enhanced Only), Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota (Enhanced Only), Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia (21 years of age and older) and Wyoming.

Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina, but must abide by the restrictions in the South Carolina CWP law. For that reason, out of state residents of reciprocal states should familiarize themselves with restricted carry locations and other provisions of South Carolina law posted on this website. South Carolina permittees who carry firearms in reciprocal states are likewise responsible for familiarizing themselves with the applicable laws and regulations of the reciprocal state. Web sites of those states may be accessed by selecting the desired state name listed above.

http://www.sled.sc.gov/Reciprocity1.aspx

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 1682 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
Thanks.. That's what I'm finding.. South Carolina is out for me..

The only state that I can get that is worth it to me is Delaware..

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Keep in touch with your congressman. Likely to come up this year in Washington and that would be the quickest way to make it happen.

Posts: 2631 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm an instructor, NRA, Utah and Maryland. You're correct about NJ, you'll never get it unless something changes at the federal level either through legislation or a court case. I'm not holding my breath on either.

For SC, you do indeed have to own property in SC and prove that you pay property tax.

Don't give up on MD. The governor has quietly made some changes that have made it much easier to get a permit, even for non-residents. MD still is, however, a may issue state not a shall issue state, so even if you meet all of the training and other requirements, you might not get a permit. All that said, now is a great time to apply for a MD permit. Don't know where you are in PA, but shoot me an email and I'll see if I can be of help.

As you noted in your initial post, there are several permits you could obtain that will be good in Delaware. If you have had training in the past, an AZ permit would not require any additional training (and training expense) on your part, but the permit would be $60 for the first 5 years and $43 for renewals. A UT permit does require UT specific training and expense from a UT instructor, but the permit is only $47 for the first 5 years and only $15 for every 5 year renewal, about 1/3 the cost of an AZ renewal. So the UT permit is more expensive to start, when you consider training expense, but much more economical in the long run. For you, the only difference in reciprocity would be you get NM with an AZ permit and WA with a UT permit, but you said those states aren't particularly important to you. As a UT instructor, I can help directly if you're not too far away, or send you a link to see what UT instructors are closer to you.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Fairfax, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
I'm an instructor, NRA, Utah and Maryland. You're correct about NJ, you'll never get it unless something changes at the federal level either through legislation or a court case. I'm not holding my breath on either.

For SC, you do indeed have to own property in SC and prove that you pay property tax.

Don't give up on MD. The governor has quietly made some changes that have made it much easier to get a permit, even for non-residents. MD still is, however, a may issue state not a shall issue state, so even if you meet all of the training and other requirements, you might not get a permit. All that said, now is a great time to apply for a MD permit. Don't know where you are in PA, but shoot me an email and I'll see if I can be of help.

As you noted in your initial post, there are several permits you could obtain that will be good in Delaware. If you have had training in the past, an AZ permit would not require any additional training (and training expense) on your part, but the permit would be $60 for the first 5 years and $43 for renewals. A UT permit does require UT specific training and expense from a UT instructor, but the permit is only $47 for the first 5 years and only $15 for every 5 year renewal, about 1/3 the cost of an AZ renewal. So the UT permit is more expensive to start, when you consider training expense, but much more economical in the long run. For you, the only difference in reciprocity would be you get NM with an AZ permit and WA with a UT permit, but you said those states aren't particularly important to you. As a UT instructor, I can help directly if you're not too far away, or send you a link to see what UT instructors are closer to you.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so very much. This information is extremely useful and on point. I truly appreciate your time and info. I may not have explained myself fully in my 1st post but you were able to cut through and understand. Utah may be the ticket.

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================

posted Hide Post
Happy to be of help!!

Mark

Posts: 1107 | Location: Fairfax, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't it ironic how law-abiding citizens go out of their way to obey the laws while criminals...oh, never mind.

Posts: 11612 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post