SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Glock 26 IWB Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26 IWB Holster Login/Join 
posted
What is your favorite?

I picked up a NIB Glock 26 last week for a great price and now need to get a few holsters.

I have a Milt Sparks Horsehide VM II for my G19 & G32 and love it but am open to others.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
How do you plan on carrying it?
For an appendix style kydex holster I like Clearwater Tactical or Bradford due to their quality and they are tuckable so I can wear it to work.
For a strong side carry I really like Blackpoint Tactical's mini wing holster.
There are a lot of great holster makers out there but these are the guys I always go back to.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Most of my IWB holsters are by Dustin at Ozarks Holster Co. He is a member here but I have not seen him post in a while. He bends kydex and also makes a hybrid of kydex and leather. I have both types and prefer the kydex.

ozarksholstercompany.com

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strong Side

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
Check out Vedder. I have my 4th IWB LightTuck coming in for my USP 45T.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/

Strong metal clip that will hold on to jeans w/o a belt. Height, cant, and tension adjustable to the user.

Here are some pics of the G26.

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If you like the VM II, just use it for the G26. It'll work. Only difference is you'll have some empty space due to the shorter slide.

That's what I did but going with a Nightingale Raptor, which is influenced by the VM II. I have a G32 and G33 and use the same holster.

I've heard good things about Vedder holsters but I personally prefer distributing the weight with 2 loops versus a single clip.

Posts: 13051 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife has carried her Glock 26 in a FIST ultra-thin kydex IWB holster. The option that she uses is the K6 option, split leather loops (allows for placement over belt loops). Hers are 1 1/4" loops since she only uses 1 1/4 belts (Galco and Safariland)

Daily carry since 2005.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
TT Gun Leather "Slim IWB" or Brommeland "Max Con V".

Raven "Phantom" with tuckable IWB wings is a close third.

quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
If you like the VM II, just use it for the G26. It'll work. Only difference is you'll have some empty space due to the shorter slide.

Yes, it will work in a pinch. But I found that after a year or so of carrying a G26 in a G19 leather holster, the empty muzzle end of the holster was getting floppy and worn. That portion of the holster wasn't designed for repeated pressure/compression without the rigidity provided by the muzzle of the gun inside. You're really better off getting a dedicated G26 holster, otherwise you run the risk of wearing out the holster prematurely.

quote:
I've heard good things about Vedder holsters but I personally prefer distributing the weight with 2 loops versus a single clip.

Same. Over the years, I've tried a bunch of different types of single clip holsters, as well as "summer special" type holsters with centrally-mounted belt loops. None have been anywhere near as comfortable as a holster with dual belt attachments offset to either side of the main body of the handgun.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Funny, I've tried the dual belt attachments offset to either side of the main body of the handgun (Comp Tac CTAC, MTAC, Alien Gear, Safariland and Galco's version, and probably another one or two that I'm forgetting...)and I keep coming back to my Sparks Summer Special II for my Glock 19 as my favorite.

Good to have so many choices today for carrying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
My favorite is a FIST #20 Hybrid (leather over thin kydex) with a tension screw added.

The design is similar to a Sparks Versa Max II, but you get both the comfort of leather and speed/retention of Kydex.

Runner up, and what I use of I need a "tuckable" holster is a G-Code INCOG Eclipse. Although I modified mine with a different strut, and a belt loop, as I don't trust clips.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
A vote for the VM2 here. I like mine equipped with Sparks’ Kydex clips to allow for tucked-in IWB carry. A gun the size of the G26 just about disappears.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6690 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
R Grizzle city slicker.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple of Sparks VMIIs, but I did not like the ride and cant. Since Sparks introduced the Criterion, I have stopped considering other holsters for IWB. I now have 3 (including 1 for a 26) Criterions with a 4th on the way. The only thing to note is that almost all of the reinforcement is between the belt and the body, so it does feel slightly different than the VMII. P.S. The magnet snaps are a very nice feature.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for the Milt Sparks IWB with magnets although I opted for the Nexus for my G26. I wanted the holster to be thin and really liked the offset construction for flex and comfort. Molding of the horse leather is great for retention and stiff enough for effective one handed re-holstering after two years of use; I've never been the fastest to re-holster anyway (not one of my priorities).

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Lots of good suggestions. I'll add the UBG Striker. It has a very thin profile and two very secure clips. Like TT Gunleather (another of my favorites already mentioned), UBG Holsters has a pretty quick turnaround time for a quality leather holster. He makes another IWB model with loops but this Striker rides a bit lower which I prefer.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several great suggestions, thanks.

Just recently move to Georgia, this week, so need get work on getting my CCP.

Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I prefer hybrids. I carry my g26 in a Comptac Mtac.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I normally hate IWB’s but with my Glock 26, I’ve had the best results with a G-Code Incog Eclipse. I find the offset belt clip to be a lifesaver with a thicker pistol. I prefer the Standard, Mojo, not the offset Super Mojo to get it as thin as possible.

https://www.tacticalholsters.c...oduct/incog-eclipse/

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post