SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Belly band suggestions please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belly band suggestions please Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
My doctor has told me to start a walking regimen.

I am 63 years old and am in shape (round is a shape, right). I am 6’ 0” and weigh 250#’s with a 40” waist. Walked around the block yesterday and found it to be very uncomfortable with a belt and jeans. I want to wear exercise shorts/sweat pants, and want to carry my J frame S&W or my Ruger LCP at a minimum.

Please school me as to how to accomplish this.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Smart carry:

I just got back in from 4 hours of yard work wearing a P365 plus a spare mag. I wear mine with the weapon at about 2 o’clock. I like to wear bball shorts and a light shirt around the house or outside. This is perfect for it. Even has a pocket for my DL/CCW card and some cash.

I’ve had mine for about 3 years now. Love it. My only complaint is when in my truck, it’s a little hard to get at my Sig. For what you’re describeing, it would be perfect.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing one these for years. Not exactly a belly band but it works much better for me.

https://www.kangaroocarry.com/

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started 2 years ago, age 65 after retiring, about 200 lbs. down to about 175 lbs.

Today did about 4 miles, short pants with a pocket pistol almost every day, add a man purse to carry water. Water is as or even more important than being armed when it is hot.

Get started, start short distance, add mileage as it fells good. Time will tell you what works best for you. Have fun.

Bill

Posts: 723 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally agree on Smart Carry, this is the link for the original company, I'm sure copies work just as well.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

There are different models, I have the basic with a slot for the gun and one for a spare mag/speed strip.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Totally agree on Smart Carry, this is the link for the original company, I'm sure copies work just as well.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

There are different models, I have the basic with a slot for the gun and one for a spare mag/speed strip.

I removed my link. I thought that was the Smart Carry one. I prefer the original myself.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents!

It looks like Smart Carry would be the best answer for my situation.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I switched from a smart carry to a Brave Response holster. It's a similar idea except the Brave response keeps the gun at 3:30/4:00 rather than over your junk. It is slightly less concealable (similar to a regular owb holster - i.e. the butt of the gun is above the waistband) but it is way more comfortable in my opinion.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I switched from a smart carry to a Brave Response holster. It's a similar idea except the Brave response keeps the gun at 3:30/4:00 rather than over your junk. It is slightly less concealable (similar to a regular owb holster - i.e. the butt of the gun is above the waistband) but it is way more comfortable in my opinion.

I have been looking into this type of holster since it is not dependent on wearing a belt. Brave Response now makes an appendix carry model with the vertical draw that looks interesting.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ for Kangaroo Carry.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just ordered the "Smart Carry", $10 off,and free shipping.

Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post
Another Smart Carry user here. I have been using mine for outdoor walks/exercise for years. Great product.

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have used my new Smart Carry for a couple of walks now. I am very impressed with the quality, and comfort of this holster.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
photos, please ! Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
photos, please ! Wink

Nope, I will not post photos of my snubby riding next my “real snubby”. Big Grin

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Okay, okay !

Whew. Sorry to have asked that.

Since i am not trapped behind enemy lines today with access blocked to anything pointy or boomy, went to the website and now i know !

So, it's sort of AIWB and deeply hidden.

Cool Cool

Might be nice or a P365 or something, but the video on the website of the sales guy hurriedly reholstering his tuppergun made me wince Eek

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Might be nice or a P365 or something, but the video on the website of the sales guy hurriedly reholstering his tuppergun made me wince Eek

Yes, his trigger discipline is non existent in that video.

posted Hide Post
If you are still in Taylor I would go with a nice two point sling for your AR!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
For activities like this, when not using a belt holster, I use a fanny pack (Geezer pack).

I bought mine used, fifteen bucks, from somebody who is no longer a member here.

It has a holster that is kept in place by velcro, and a pull cord that releases all the zippers instantly for fast access.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a smart carry. Hopefully, it will fit well.

Worst case, it makes my junk look bigger! Wink

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post