SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Belly band suggestions please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belly band suggestions please Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For me the beauty of the smart carry is you really don't have to have it pointing at your junk when I do use mine I wear it so my gun is @ 4-5 o'clock on my hip like any other IWB holster. The grip barely sticking up above my belt line.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:
If you are still in Taylor I would go with a nice two point sling for your AR!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Jim

I can see your thinking there, and in some sections of town, in the midnight hours, it would be advisable. Wink

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I got my Smart carry holster/bellyband and so far so good. I can wear loose basketball type shorts and it feels OK. My wife didn't even notice I was carrying today until I asked her if it was noticeable. She said it wasn't.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The BR Appendix holster looks great. My wife wants one for her new HK P30sk.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
Good choice on a Smart Carry. I've been a fan for close to 10 years, and it is pretty much all I use these days.

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that in all of the belly band, smart carry, kangaroo carry, ect. web sights none of the models have a belly. Well I do have a belly (yes I know who's fault that is). Frown I have a belly band but I have never been able to wear it where my belly didn't get in the way. That is the band slipped up over my belly or slipped down to the point that the only way to access my gun would be to drop my pants. Not even a bad guy should be subjected to seeing that. Smile I have come to the conclusion that a belly band is not for everyone.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My belly holds the band, and gun, up where I can reach it.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
For me the beauty of the smart carry is you really don't have to have it pointing at your junk when I do use mine I wear it so my gun is @ 4-5 o'clock on my hip like any other IWB holster. The grip barely sticking up above my belt line.

Yeah, I wear my S&W snubby at about the 2 o'clock spot. That way when I sit it doesn't rub against Willy.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post