SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Recommendations for a good single stack 9mm for carry
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for a good single stack 9mm for carry Login/Join 
Picture of roadrash
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I didn't see much mention of the G43 for concealed carry, if one is looking for a single stack.

If t he concern is carrying and training, the G43 has commonality with each of the other Glocks and can be configured the same, allowing some flexibility in carrying without any concern for change in manual of arms or handling.

I did have a Shield. I still do, though it doesn't leave the safe. It split down the side while firing, and s&w refused to warranty it.

I have several XDs, Kahrs, HK's, other small compact pistols, but for light or dress clothing, or other occasions when pocket carry warrants, the G43 works great. Don't overlook it as an option for a small, thin, concealable single stack.

I have been edc one for 18 months,great pistol!

Posts: 540 | Registered: May 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My choices after free rental day at an indoor range: #1: Sig P938 (essentially a mini 1911, or the .380 ACP Sig P238/Colt Mustang's bigger brother), then we go away from Sig to the #2 choice: The Walther PPS, kind of large compared to the non Sig 938, and the next guns, which are, The Glock 43, The Ruger LC9S Pro, & the S&W Shield. The LC9S pro was a total surprise, at $339, especially after how poor the trigger was on the original Ruger LC9 hammer fired DAO monstrosity. Being a person who grew up toting a Browning FN Hi Power, the P938 is like toting a not so baby Browning 1911, chambered in a respectable round. If you need to go super small, I keep a Beretta 3032 Tomcat around too. Once I learned to hit groups the size of a volley ball at 20 yards with the mouse gun Beretta, I embraced it a lot more. I hated it, when I first fired it, but being a blowback, it was miserable to shoot at an indoor range. Hot brass was bouncing off the ceiling, onto my head, and down into my shirt. Outdoors is where I learned just how well I could shoot a rather tiny .32 ACP. The Sig 938 is in that same tried and true John Browning type design, that I feel comfortable with, any day. So are those little Beretta tip up bbls for that matter. I got those for my mother, who has trouble charging a slide.

Posts: 4 | Location: Southwestern US | Registered: January 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also check out some of the Kahr pistols.

Posts: 4 | Location: Southwestern US | Registered: January 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Kahr CM9 & G43

Kahr CW9 (perfect for pocket carry) & G43

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8045
III

"He's a Mean Motor Scooter & a Bad Go Getter !"

Posts: 5162 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post