SIGforum
Great Holster Deal

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/6060013024

March 01, 2017, 07:35 PM
EternalKnight
Great Holster Deal
CDNN Sports has a leather Holster for the P250/320 compacts for $15 & shipping ($10). I have one for another pistol and they are very well made.

Retired USN
Sig Sauer P229 M11A1
Sig Sauer 1911 Ultra Comp
S&W P365 SAS
Ruger Single Six
S&W 442

March 02, 2017, 12:55 PM
Hask12
I see no one has commented on this. Maybe that says it all.
March 02, 2017, 01:16 PM
az4783054
Ignore the negativity. $15 for leather is cheaper than an injection molded FOBUS... Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
March 03, 2017, 10:21 AM
RogueJSK
It's certainly better than just about any other $25 holster.

But personally, I'd rather put the $25 towards ordering a nicer holster, rather than spending $25 on something that's just going to end up on my pile of unused holsters.

But if you need a holster now, and only have $25 to spend, that's definitely the best you could get.

(I wonder if these are leftovers from the Air Marshal P250 debacle. That's the same holster used by some Air Marshals, Flight Deck Officers, and other LEOs under the TSA like OOI and AFSD-LE.)
March 03, 2017, 11:56 AM
YooperSigs
I saw one of these. DeSantis made it, IIRC.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
March 03, 2017, 02:03 PM
Hask12
Don't get me wrong. I really wasn't trying to put anyone down. But my attitude is that if I spend 500 plus on a gun, and the gun I'm carrying is for protection of my self or the people I care about, the time to cut corners is not with what I'm carrying the gun in. It's all part of the the system. Sure holsters can be expensive but when it comes to my life holsters shouldn't be where I try to save money. But if that's what you can afford then great. Sorry if I gave anyone the wrong impression. It wasn't my intention.
March 03, 2017, 08:33 PM
EternalKnight
No offense taken. It is a good Holster at a great price.

Retired USN
Sig Sauer P229 M11A1
S&W P365 SAS
Ruger Single Six
S&W 442

March 03, 2017, 11:52 PM
DMF
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I saw one of these. DeSantis made it, IIRC.
Yes, the add on CDNN says they are made in the US by Desantis.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...t-hand.html?___SID=U

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
March 04, 2017, 05:23 AM
rwilli
I normally use the Galco Fletch for most of my handguns; but at the significantly lower price I decided to try this DeSantis. Needles to say, you get what you pay for. The desantis is now sitting in the bottom of my "old/unwanted" holster bucket. My new P229 now resides in a Galco Fletch as do most of my other handguns.

Now, if $25 is all you can afford and you must have leather, then I guess the DeSantis is as good as your going to get commercially at that price.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams
March 04, 2017, 08:11 AM
Bulldog7972
Don't let anyone kid you. I have this holster for a different gun and it's one of the best holsters I own.
March 04, 2017, 09:54 AM
Cobra21
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Don't let anyone kid you. I have this holster for a different gun and it's one of the best holsters I own.

This is a point about our economic society...why do we think it is crap if it is inexpensive? Maybe it's a quality holster at a great price. Certainly looks like some of the brutha's think so. Let's not be so quick to judge it as "lessor" if you haven't used or even seen it.

Risk the consequences of honesty...
March 05, 2017, 06:33 PM
EternalKnight
I like good holsters too. I carry my P225 in a Don Hume and my PPS in a High Noon and the quality of this DeSantis is right up there with most of the brands which is one of the reasons that government agencies use them. I'm glad you like your Galcos, but that does not mean that the DeSantis is an excellent Holster and a very good price. I now have two of these holsters and like them very much. I do own a good Galco also.

Retired USN
Sig Sauer P229 M11A1
S&W P365 SAS
Ruger Single Six
S&W 442

March 05, 2017, 09:30 PM
Edmond
If it works for you then it's a great holster.

I've never had a Desantis but I've had plenty of Galco holsters. I think their Cop Slide holsters are great thumb break holsters while their Jackass and Miami Classic shoulder holsters are the standard by which shoulder holsters are measured.