SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    If you carry a backup in an ankle holster, where?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you carry a backup in an ankle holster, where? Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
When I carried a revolver as a duty weapon I had a model 38 air weight on inside of left ankle, in the winter I had model 60 in my right front jacket pocket in addition to the 4inch in a duty holster.

Posts: 2761 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a M60, then a 642 in an ankle holster for my support hand access many years while doing U/C sit-downs Easy to access while in a car, too. I carried AIWB for my primary.

Posts: 10 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently started carrying a BUG in an ankle holster, mostly for easier access when driving. Originally got it to try it out, maybe for occasional use, but it's so easy to carry I just started carrying it all the time. Wouldn't want to carry a primary gun that way, though.

FYI, I carry a 642 in a Wilderness Tactical Renegade elastic ankle holster, nondominant/inside.

Also, not LE.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post