SIGforum
Anyone Use A Sneaky Pete Or Other "Phone" Case Belt Holster?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/5870078144

May 17, 2018, 12:02 PM
PASig
Anyone Use A Sneaky Pete Or Other "Phone" Case Belt Holster?
Was looking at the Sneaky Pete for this Ruger LC9 I've acquired as an alternative to pocket carry. I just don't like doing IWB carry and don't find it comfortable to me.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these "phone" case holsters?

May 17, 2018, 12:58 PM
Chris Anchor
Couple of friends of mine use them. They like how it's not IWB or digging into their sides (beer bellies). Not as easy to draw weapon as touted but at least it's there . Chris
May 17, 2018, 01:51 PM
suthrncop66
I carry with a Maxpedition pack that is similar sometimes. Haven't really decided if I like it or not, I carry with it more when I'm headed to the gym...
May 18, 2018, 12:25 AM
PASig
Looked at a couple YT video reviews of these things and they are HUGE, I’m not feeling it.

Website makes them look much more compact and thinner than they actually are.

May 20, 2018, 12:51 PM
Lineman101
I use them in SoCal. The sheep here don’t know what they are and they make it easy to grab and go.

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.
May 20, 2018, 07:31 PM
MNSIG
Who in the heck carries a “phone” that big and thick?
May 20, 2018, 08:51 PM
arfmel
I could see one made for a keltec P32 maybe appearing to be for a cell phone, but I'd just carry a little gat like that in my pocket.
May 21, 2018, 12:36 PM
PASig
One of the reviews I saw said "I put it on and it looked like a colostomy bag on my hip, it was returned the very next day."
Big Grin

May 21, 2018, 03:38 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
I don't have a Sneaky Pete...but I do from time to time opt to carry my Elsie Pea in one of these when I walk. I think it was about $8.00 on Amazon Prime...I stick my iPod in the mesh pocket on the outside...extra magazine in the little clear plastic foldie thingy in the inside...

I think something a tad larger might work for the LC9 and be less obvious than the Sneaky Pete for less $...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015..._encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
May 21, 2018, 11:16 PM
Snake207
quote:
Website makes them look much more compact and thinner than they actually are.

There are a few places around here that sell them and even the smallest one is HUGE.

Plus, when you dig your phone out of your pocket for a call/text, and stick it back in your pocket, the gig is up.

May 22, 2018, 10:17 AM
Sigmund
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:

...Plus, when you dig your phone out of your pocket for a call/text, and stick it back in your pocket, the gig is up.

Maybe. Most people are not as aware as SF members, I doubt anyone would notice.

I do not have one and can't comment on the holster, but IMO that is not a valid reason not to get one.
March 05, 2019, 08:52 PM
cladd
I’ve been carrying my Glock 26 in one for a couple of years and like it. I’ve never had anyone give it a second look.
March 09, 2019, 08:37 AM
220-9er
When I see one of those, the first thing I think of is, it's a gun.
Too dorky for me and I'm no slave to fashion.

March 11, 2019, 05:32 AM
Nismo
They may have been fine in the days of carrying around PDAs, but it just seems so out of place today. Even if it doesn't attract attention of "gun", it still attracts attention.