SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    P229 Legion In Raven Works Well
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Legion In Raven Works Well Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Carried two days straight with the beefy P229 Legion. Day one was in a DeSantis open top three-slot. No issues, aside from new holster draw being slow. Day two was in a Raven OWB. Very comfortable, very close to the body, and a typically fast kydex draw.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Was this one of the new Raven "Perun" OWBs, or one of the older Raven "Phantom" OWBs?

I'm a big fan of their (now discontinued) Phantom holsters. Not so much on the new Perun holsters.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Not a Perun.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I miss the phantoms. I hear bravo concealment is pretty similar.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I switched over to Crown after the phantoms went away. Identical fit and finish. I've been carrying a G27 in a G23 IWB for a couple years with no visible effects on the holster.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post