SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Winthrop holster review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winthrop holster review Login/Join 
posted
Nice for the price. Sturdy, well made, nice stitching, concealable and secure.

Someone here on the forum suggested Winthrop leather when I began searching for a holster for my Sig P250sc. This was a good choice for me. It was tight, I followed the manufacturer's instructions and wrapped one of my P250sc pistols in the plastic shipping bag; then inserted it in the holster and let the gun sit for a week.

I should of ordered one for my Sig P232 as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Colby Bruce,

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree... I have 4 WL holsters. All good quality and priced right. Fast shipping and great phone service too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being an "Old Fart", I dislike Kydex I want and use Leather. Have 4 Winthrop Holsters and just got their belt. The first holster I got from them they had to do up for Me. Talked to them and No problem said it might take 10 day's, I had it in 5 day's, helped being in Southwest Michigan they are in Cleveland, Ohio aera. Great People. Bill

Posts: 10 | Location: Kalamazoo,Mi | Registered: March 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you guys I decided to order a holster from them on Thursday. Needed something simple. Sucks to pay tax but it's arriving today. Always happy to support businesses local to me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review – glad that you like it. It's similar to my Mitch Rosen 5JR full belt slide holster, which is a bit pricey at $145. I used the "Leather Lightning" lubricant that Mitch sells for break-in. This "Full Detail" model allowed me to specify belt slot length:

http://mitchrosen.com/products...sters/belt-holsters/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
This thread caught my interest.

To date, the only thing I can say about Winthrop holsters is, they are not real good about responding to email. In fact, my experience indicates that they are really, really, bad at this.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post