SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Winthrop holster review

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winthrop holster review Login/Join 
posted
Nice for the price. Sturdy, well made, nice stitching, concealable and secure.

Someone here on the forum suggested Winthrop leather when I began searching for a holster for my Sig P250sc. This was a good choice for me. It was tight, I followed the manufacturer's instructions and wrapped one of my P250sc pistols in the plastic shipping bag; then inserted it in the holster and let the gun sit for a week.

I should of ordered one for my Sig P232 as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Colby Bruce,

Posts: 1779 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree... I have 4 WL holsters. All good quality and priced right. Fast shipping and great phone service too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 5143 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being an "Old Fart", I dislike Kydex I want and use Leather. Have 4 Winthrop Holsters and just got their belt. The first holster I got from them they had to do up for Me. Talked to them and No problem said it might take 10 day's, I had it in 5 day's, helped being in Southwest Michigan they are in Cleveland, Ohio aera. Great People. Bill

Posts: 7 | Location: Kalamazoo,Mi | Registered: March 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you guys I decided to order a holster from them on Thursday. Needed something simple. Sucks to pay tax but it's arriving today. Always happy to support businesses local to me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 4953 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review – glad that you like it. It's similar to my Mitch Rosen 5JR full belt slide holster, which is a bit pricey at $145. I used the "Leather Lightning" lubricant that Mitch sells for break-in. This "Full Detail" model allowed me to specify belt slot length:

http://mitchrosen.com/products...sters/belt-holsters/

Cognition?
On.

Posts: 1869 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
This thread caught my interest.

To date, the only thing I can say about Winthrop holsters is, they are not real good about responding to email. In fact, my experience indicates that they are really, really, bad at this.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 15580 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post