SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Raven Concealment systems launched their new Perun OWB Glock holsters today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raven Concealment systems launched their new Perun OWB Glock holsters today Login/Join 
posted
For $39.99 I will give one a try. I will be cutting the outside sweat band off of mine asap. Imho, you should have the option of having one or not. The injection molding machines can spit these out in probably less than a minute, with little to no finish work. A much bigger profit margin for them with less headaches, which is fine.

http://raven-concealment-syste...wb-holster-glock-19/

The Perun will be available for pre-launch purchase on Black Friday, with units shipping in time to be under the tree for Christmas morning. The first three models it will be available for will be:

Glock 17 (Gen 5/Glock M and backward compatible)
Glock 19 (Gen 5/Glock M and backward compatible)
Glock 43

Following quickly thereafter, will be a Perun LC for:
Glock 19/17/34 + Streamlight TLR-1 HL
Glock 19/17/34 + Surefire X-300U

Followed quickly thereafter by (order subject to change based on .gov orders):
Sig P-320
Sig P-320 Compact
HK VP-9
S&W M&P Shield 9mm (2.0 and backward compatible)
Ruger LC-9
1911 5” Government profile
Springfield XDS

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It looks like RAVEN is following the injection molding process of FOBUS and COMP-TAC. Not as thick or sturdy as Kydex and not my cup of tea...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
It looks like RAVEN is following the injection molding process of FOBUS and COMP-TAC. Not as thick or sturdy as Kydex and not my cup of tea...

From their website : {The holster is injection molded from a proprietary, extremely high-strength polymer blend that is significantly more durable than Kydex or Boltaron. Like all RCS products, it is made in the USA, and is backed by our lifetime warranty.}

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ll try one.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I was wondering why Raven clearanced out all their Phantom holsters a couple months ago... Glad I stocked up when I could.

I hope they come out with some type of pancake wing for that holster. The boxy belt loops, which were standard on their Phantom and look to be standard on this new Perun holster, don't hold the holster as closely to the body as the pancake wings.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I was wondering why Raven clearanced out all their Phantom holsters a couple months ago... Glad I stocked up when I could.

I hope they come out with some type of pancake wing for that holster. The boxy belt loops, which were standard on their Phantom and look to be standard on this new Perun holster, don't hold the holster as closely to the body as the pancake wings.

The belt loops on all my holsters hold the holsters/ pistol as closely to my body as I would want them. If they were any closer I would have trouble getting a grip on the pistol.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Pretty much a Meh from me.

I'm with Rogue, I'm glad I stocked up on a few over the years.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Rogue. I scored a phantom for my 229R on clearance, I wish they had a P239 holster in the bin too. This new holster has big shoes to fill.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a review of the holster by Dave Spaulding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHjHMRwzvqs

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mine came in today. I'll start using it today and see how it goes. I'll keep the 10 degree forward cant on for now (how it came). I might switch to 0 degree later.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post