SIGforum
Open and/or Concealed Carry: Bib Front Overalls?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/5640059354

February 26, 2019, 01:39 PM
BGULL
Open and/or Concealed Carry: Bib Front Overalls?
Out at lunch, here in East Texas. See an open carry in bib front overalls. It's a medium to large frame semi-auto in a nylon thumb break holster clipped in the pocket or the side button location, most definitely at "low ready position", laughably canted out, swinging, etc.

This got me to thinking about what would be the ideal method for concealed or open carry in bib front overalls, shoulder holster? What would work best?

Bill Gullette
February 27, 2019, 03:07 AM
YooperSigs
I had my seamstress sew jean belt loops onto mine that take a 1.5 inch belt. Looks odd. Works great!
Other suggestion:
Sew a velcro panel onto the inside of the bib and use a velcro holster to carry the gun.
But it would have to be a lightweight gun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
February 27, 2019, 11:20 AM
SSgt USMC/Vet
Belly band would work.
February 27, 2019, 02:38 PM
az4783054
Bib overalls would seem to be perfect for a snub nose revolver, subcompact or micro pistol in a pocket holster.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
March 01, 2019, 10:09 AM
ensigmatic
Depends upon what you wish to carry and whether it'd be worth your time to customize the overalls.

Stock overalls? A small, single-stack 380 or 9mm in a pocket for concealed or something bigger in a shoulder rig.

Customized? I've never worn bib overalls, so I'm just guessing, and it'd depend upon your shape. If my stomach was flat enough I might try for a holster pocket sewn into the inside just below the ribs? Similar to a belly band?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
March 01, 2019, 02:10 PM
fredj338
Chest rig. Carrying w/o a quality holster, just not smart.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading
March 01, 2019, 07:04 PM
ASKSmith
Mossberg 500 with an extended tube.

-----------------
I apologize now...
March 14, 2019, 02:02 PM
Oz_Shadow
Reminds me of ... what were they called ... thunder drawers ?