SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Looking for P228 holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for P228 holster Login/Join 
posted
I'm about to pick up one of the TALO P229 9mm classic and can't find holsters to fit either 228 (which it kind of is), or a non-railed 229 with the older narrower frame. Any help appreciated.

Posts: 39 | Location: TX | Registered: March 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you want OWB or IWB? I use both a Milt Sparks SS2 and a Kramer iwb3 for my 228 and I'm positive the 229 fits both. The Sparks VM2 will fit, there are plenty and not just from the custom makers. Check Top Gun Supply they may have the vm2 but none of the three mentioned are cheap, I always see someone selling in the classified here or one of the other boards. OWB is the same as IWB as far as availability. I just saw a El Paso Saddlery Tortilla stle owb over on the 1911forums.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a CCW holster, probably IWB.

The TALO P229 9mm classic carry is built on the older style non-railed frame and only holds the 13 round 9mm magazines, so I am thinking that a P228 holster would be the one to look for. I could be wrong though and I'm having no luck at all finding a holster made for the old 228. I just don't want to get a 229 holster and have it be too loose because the new 229 has a rail and a wider frame and slide.

Posts: 39 | Location: TX | Registered: March 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Post a wtb ad in the classified ads here on the board and you'll get some replies. I don't think you will have a problem with a 229 holster even if it's for a railed model, Galco uses the same holsters for both models.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Check Ryan's work on www.rgrizzleleather.com

He makes some truly outstanding holsters and I know he has one for the P228.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6500089334

If he still has the VM2, it doesn't get much better than that

Posts: 373 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
https://www.topgunsupply.com/m...ks-vm2-sig-p229.html

or try:

http://shop.nightingaleleather...d-Holster-Raptor.htm

I own both a VM2 and a Raptor. Both are outstanding holsters.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Leather or kydex? I use VM2 and Stealthgear kydex ( https://stealthgearusa.com/ ) also Garrett Silent Thunder ( http://www.giholsters.com/category-s/342.htm ).

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I think I have a Kydex 228 IWB holster that I don't use since I sold off my 228. I'd be willing to karma you that if you're interested. It's a Blade-Tech UCH which I don't think is made any longer, but it works. Email addr is in my profile.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try the IWB Hybrid at Ozark Holsters.
Dustin, the owner (and member of SigForum) made one for my M11A1 and I'm very pleased with it.
The M11 is basically a P228 or a P229 without the rail.
Dustin's holsters are good products at an affordable price.
I have his Hybrid IWB's for the M11, my P239, and my P250.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Give lobogunleathers.com a try. They do good work. Wait time is aprox. 7 wks.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
If you just need something quick and off the shelf, Gallo makes their leather Summer Comfort IWB for the P228. It was the first IWB holster I bought while I was waiting for my Milt Sparks VM2. I definitely prefer the stability of the VM2 with its wide loops. But if you’re in a rush and just need something now...

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you found anything yet? just curious what you went with.

quote:
Originally posted by kp352g:
I'm about to pick up one of the TALO P229 9mm classic and can't find holsters to fit either 228 (which it kind of is), or a non-railed 229 with the older narrower frame. Any help appreciated.