SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!) Login/Join 
Picture of Zig's SIG
posted Hide Post
P239 (9mm) in a Rosen Premier-Express; sometimes a P229 (.40) in a Blade Tech Total Eclipse.

Businesses don't create jobs, consumers do.

The new (or maybe not so "new") Golden Rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules."

Corruption is everywhere. Only the form and quantity vary.

Posts: 311 | Location: Arizona | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also a P320 compact with small subcompact grip. I glued on Pearce XD-S grip extensions to the magazine bases, which gives me much more control.

The grip is now the same thickness as a P239, but the pistol is lighter and carries 12 rounds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the last six months, it's a lovely P220 Elite 10mm DA/SA with two carried reloads. It is little heavier than my last carry, which was an M11-A1; don't notice it any more. But the extra fire power is definitely noticible and what it does to the target material. Wink

Pilotka
NRA Lifer

Posts: 69 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Now? P229 Legion, OWB side snap scabbard at about four o' clock.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either a 232 alloy with Nill grips in a Mitch Rosen ARG, or a 239 in .357 Sig also with Nills in a Watch Six Dual Talon.

Next may be a Walther P99C in a VM-II as an in-betweener.

Posts: 31 | Registered: December 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AK
posted Hide Post
P226R-9mm while on duty. When I'm off duty it's either a P229R-9mm or a P239-9mm.

Two rules in a gunfight.
#1. Someone is going to lose.
#2. I'm going to win.

Posts: 511 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220 Compact SAS In a RGrizzle Georgia Snapper, or a 220 Equinox also in a Georia Snapper.

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona  | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
P245 in a Grizzle holster.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
228 in Raven OWB Kydex.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320C 9mm in a Grizzle OWB holster

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
9mm P229R in either a Nightingale Griffon V or Comp-Tac MTAC.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220ST in either an Alien gear IWB or in thunderwear depending on what Im wearing

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I like my P239 9mm and carry it in a Don Hume 721 OT OWB.

However, now that I lucked out on a like new Galco Summer Special for a P220 that fits my P226 W. German perfectly, the P226 is giving the P239 competition for CCW.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Sig P320 Carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck. 17 rounds of 9mm in a fairly light package suits me. I have a VM2 ordered from Milt Sparks, and will put a flat faced Apex trigger in it next week.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to sum up this thread (so far) with actual numbers, the following are pistols that received more than two votes (almost every single Sig was represented by at least one vote):

(Note: I've grouped all the 229/228 variations into one lump because they are all so similar as to not needing breaking out)

P239 22 votes
P228/229 12 votes
P938 8 votes
P220 6 votes
P320 5 votes

I'm actually surprised the P228/9 platform got so many votes (even though it's the one I carry now) given the size disparity between it and the other two top popular choices.

I'd post similar poll results on caliber except that in many cases folks didn't say and the pistols they are carrying are offered in different ones so hard to make an assumption. My gut tells me that 9mm is still by far the most popular, with 45ACP coming in second but I could be mistaken.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P239 357 Sig. IWB in a crossbreed holster 3:00.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Another P320 Compact, in 357Sig here.
Rides in an OHC IWB.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
229carry SAS in .357 SIG, SRT is stock, AEP smoothed it up. Black frame and grips, black Versa Max II on a Hogue black belt under a vest about 9 months a year and a print shirt the other 3.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seayall
posted Hide Post
P220 Carry in a TT Gunleather High Ride.

Posts: 681 | Location: Cape Coral, FL | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
229carry SAS in .357 SIG, SRT is stock, AEP smoothed it up. Black frame and grips, black Versa Max II on a Hogue black belt under a vest about 9 months a year and a print shirt the other 3.

I've found print polos to really help with concealing -- even my wife can't tell I'm wearing OWB with a print (a solid is a bit more conspicuous).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post