SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!) Login/Join 
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
228 in a Royal Guard holster at 4 oclock. Conceals well and totally trust the gun.

Posts: 538 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P238, usually in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, occasionally in a Bullard belt-slide holster.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texagun
posted Hide Post
This thread needs an update. My favorite EDC is a German-made Sig P-228 in El Paso Saddlery leather. It doesn't get any better than that.

Posts: 333 | Location: North Texas | Registered: March 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good idea in updating.

While I am still EDC my M11A1 I have also started carrying my P225-A1. The last two weeks I've been carrying it exclusively.

As soon as the weather turns cooler here (in Florida that probably means another month or so) and I can wear an overshirt I will go back to my M11A1, but for now the P225-A1 is somewhat easier.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MY EDC is a P290RS.

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
P239 in .40 carried in a Nightingale Raptor IWB or a P220 Carry SAS Gen II carried in a VMII.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
My favorite Sig for EDC is my M11-A1. That was the last couple years. For the 12 or 14 years before that it was my P229/.40. However, lately I must confess I've been carrying an XD-S/9. I know, not a Sig, but I felt like I should come clean with that. Now that it's getting cooler I'll probably go back to the M11-A1 again. It's just such a magical tool. Big Grin

Edited to fix stupid typos!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
My P228 rides in a Galco Concealable unless I'm going to be outside in the winter, in which case, it's in a Miami Classic under my coat.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
My favorite SIG for EDC lately has been the 9mm P320 compact/medium with a Surefire XC1 attached, in a NSR Tactical OWB holster.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chinaclipper
posted Hide Post
I like my P220.
Nice

Posts: 195 | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
During the cooler months, P320 Compact in a VMII.

When it's warmer I swap out the Compact grip for a Sub-compact grip - kinda like a Concealed Carry Officer or Reverse-Commander.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M11 A1.

We cannt play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
-Ronald Reagan

GEORGIA CARRY
NRA

Posts: 13 | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
Just to sum up this thread (so far) with actual numbers, the following are pistols that received more than two votes (almost every single Sig was represented by at least one vote):

(Note: I've grouped all the 229/228 variations into one lump because they are all so similar as to not needing breaking out)

P239 22 votes
P228/229 12 votes
P938 8 votes
P220 6 votes
P320 5 votes

I'm actually surprised the P228/9 platform got so many votes (even though it's the one I carry now) given the size disparity between it and the other two top popular choices.

I'd post similar poll results on caliber except that in many cases folks didn't say and the pistols they are carrying are offered in different ones so hard to make an assumption. My gut tells me that 9mm is still by far the most popular, with 45ACP coming in second but I could be mistaken.

Cool thread!

Add one more 228/229 to the tally. M11-A1 for me, though truthfully I hardly ever carry. Can't during the work week, and get lazy on the weekends a lot of the time.

My take away from this thread is I need either a 239 or 225-A1 to add to rotation.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting you mention that -- about a month ago I added a P225-A1 to my own rotation. It fits my M11A1 holster just fine, and even though it's only a quarter pound lighter it *seems* easier to carry (for one thing the slimmer grip prints less). It's kind of my go-to summer carry from now on (although that won't happen again for six months or so). It is also the best trigger of ANY Sig I own (including my M11A1, which I had Sig work on).

I'd like to shoot a P239 sometime just to see if I'd like it (heck, I'd even like to handle one -- gun shops around here seldom get any Sigs).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a Sig P225 (1982 vintage) but I just got a P239 DAK (2010 manufactured) and after shooting it today for the first time, I think it's gonna bump the 225.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
225/8 in an El Paso Snap-On Deluxe

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have an update to my edc. Shortly after I posted here I bought a legacy non-rail P229, and it has become my new favorite. I carry it in a Black Point Tactical OWB leather wing holster with a matching double mag pouch. I have .357 Sig and .40 barrels, and carry it in the .357 configuration. I switched mainly for the capacity increase for the same size set up as my P220 compact, and I've become a fan of the .357 Sig round.

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona  | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Loved carrying the P239, 9mm, appendix position.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
My current fav - the 239 I picked up last month at a gun show. I thought it was a great deal for $500. I added the Nills for $160.
Just a bit more comfortable to carry aiwb than my 229, or my 228, or my P6, or my 225A & I prefer the MOA to my 938. That was my excuse anyway.
No rail, no tail, nothing on the slide, sweet trigger on this one and... two tone!

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post