SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!) Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
In California, Our County only allows three guns on our CCW and they are ser# specific. I ended up with some arthritis in my hands and the 239-9 soaks up recoil well and shoots wonderfully. My hands are better but I'm not sorry for going with the 239 again.
I found 5 new Sig mags for it. Which in itself was a challenge.

IN this section 2016 I had a thread "Do you CCW a 239?" Yes I do once again!!!
Discontinued? Yes... but not out of the fight just yet... Smile

Very glad for you!

Also have a bum paw, but shoot the P239 with great confidence Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

posted Hide Post
P320 Carry .40 18 rd mag and P365

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a P220 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB.

Posts: 33 | Location: Upper Connecticut River Valley | Registered: May 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lately it's the ole German P225 in a 1791 AIWB. And an extra mag. Smile

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 Legion in a kydex Concealment Express IWB.

I have the Viridian trigger guard laser and matching OWB holster (with magnet to activate/deactivate the laser when drawing and holstering) but haven't bothered to do anything with them. Not really a fan of laser pointers, and would rather have CT grips if I was going to, but one of these days I'll get around to trying out the Viridian setup.

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite carry piece for the last 2 years is the P239 in 40 S&W stoked with Federal HST's. While concealed carry is easy in winter, my favorite summertime holsters for concealing under a t-shirt are the Don Hume H710 and the Ritchie Brothers Hideaway. One or the other is on a Beltman belt every day.

Posts: 22 | Location: Mayer, Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

posted Hide Post
P229 IWB

work hard + be nice to people

Posts: 18 | Location: New England | Registered: October 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RTP
posted Hide Post
P938 in an Upper Hand OWB holster on a Kore belt.

Posts: 5 | Registered: October 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
P220 in a Galco pancake leather,
or the P6 in a Bianchi pancake,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
P245 in either a Desantis Speed Scabbard (owb) or a Dom Hume PCCH (iwb) depending upon the environment and necessary attire. This setup also allows for the carry of my P229 or P225 if I want, but the P245 is my favorite.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Most carried is P365 with Lima laser and Hogue Handall grip in Desantis Pocket Fly holster.

For those times I want a little something more, P320 X-Carry with Wilson Combat grip module in a Safariland ALS shoulder rig or OWB.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite EDC SIG, in a concealed carry context, was a P229 SAS DAK, carried in a Josh Bulman Forward Drop Scabbard. Unfortunately, I stopped using .40 for personal carry, in 2011, at age fifty, when .40’s snap, coupled with the high SIG bore axis, became too much for my aging right hand and wrist. I sold all of my P229 pistols, except the P229R DAK that I used in my duty rig, every work shift, from 2004 to 2015. (When my chief OK’ed 9mm as an alternative duty cartridge, I switched to a Glock G17 duty pistol, for the lesser recoil impulse and lower bore axis.)

I could, potentially, resume carrying my P229R DAK, my favorite SIG duty pistol, if I were to transition to left-hand “primary” carry, buy a new holster, and, perhaps convert it to 357 SIG or 9mm, for less recoil impulse than .40 S&W. Now that I am retired, I have considered carrying lefty primary, as my left hand has aged better than my right hand.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been carrying a P228 or at times a P220 in a Ryan Grizzle Town & Country along with GS single or double mag carriers for at least the last 10 plus years. Need to order some new carriers as these are getting tired.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

320 9

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post