SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!) Login/Join 
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
Okay, good words about the P239.

I would imagine with you deficit and you can function the P239, you’ll probably be able to function the P365, however, if you do well with your current pistol, there is no need to just discard it for the sake of buying the latest greatest next piece that comes along.
Eventually I will just stop adding to my gathering of pistols, and if will be up to me to sell them, no doubt I’ll be heart broken.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Would never ever sell the Gen 1 SAS P239.

No matter what.

Can't tell you how hard I looked, back in the 2012 timeframe, and was fortunate enough to find one with help right here on SF.

If ever there were, then it would be "my precious" Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my few regrets in life is selling my Sig P245 -- great, GREAT gun, extremely accurate, and I thought for conceal carry here in Florida I'd go 9mm and smaller. And now I truly wish I had it back again. I have more Sig pistols now than I need (7) but I will NEVER sell any of them (because I'd just regret it again).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
One of my few regrets in life is selling my Sig P245 -- great, GREAT gun, extremely accurate, and I thought for conceal carry here in Florida I'd go 9mm and smaller. And now I truly wish I had it back again. I have more Sig pistols now than I need (7) but I will NEVER sell any of them (because I'd just regret it again).

Wow! Most Sigs I had was 5.

So, here we are talking about never selling, and regretting to some degree firearms we sold.
I’m at a cross road, no longer young and healthy as I once was.
Many handguns.
Do I start to thin out now?
If I wait until I’m no longer here, does it financially help my wife? Will she get the best price?
A person starts thinking differently at certain times in their lives.
If I happen to live another 15, 18-20 years, will I regret it that long for selling now?

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want to get too off topic here (particularly since it's a thread I started :>Wink but if you sell now you'll just spend the money. If you're worried about your wife after you've gone, best to leave them and tell her how to get the best price. I don't have more than a few years left now, but for me I won't get rid of anything that leaves the house less secure (our guns are staged around the house so I'm never further than an arm's length away from one -- right now I can reach out and lay my hands on my Sig Stainless P226, a helluva weapon but one I'll never carry).

If I *could* live another 20 years I'd have no regrets about keeping them (I'd just love to live that long :>Wink.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Agree, sir, about not selling.

When I first started down this path, it was said one buys guns and doesn't sell them.

Very good idea about the contingency plan...

To get back on track, my other favorite Sig to carry is a M11-A1 converted to DAK by Mr. Robert Burke Big Grin

Of course, the added capacity is welcome and the DAK system works very well for me.

posted Hide Post
My M11-A1 is my current daily carry -- has been for quite some time (I had Sig work on the trigger so it's butter smooth).

I've got to get the range sometime to shoot my 365 just to see if it will work as an alternate on the days when it's so hot here I can't wear more than a t-shirt and shorts. Perhaps soon.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Would enjoy to hear any comparisons between the two, for reference, please Smile

posted Hide Post
365XL appendix carry in a random ebay sellers kydex with the little extra thing to make the butt press against me.

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Since getting a 365 eleven months ago, it has become my EDC. With a flat base 10 round magazine it rides in a Sticky holster in my pocket, 12 round mag when carried in a Don Hume JIT at 3:30-4:00 on my right hip, in both cases I have a 15 round mag as a spare riding in a Don Hume single mag pouch on my left hip.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the top of my rotation is my P238. It's either IWB in a UrbanCarry leather lock or right front pant pocket in a Desantis Superfly.

Posts: 17 | Location: Holland.Oh | Registered: February 22, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realize this thread was started in 2006, and, has not had a post in several months.
Posting in case some others are internet-searching possibilities, solutions, like I was some time ago.
EDC is a 239 SAS genII in 9mm, holster is a Milt Sparks Versa Max II.
I'm a small human, at 5'-7", 150lbs, and, the weight/concealabilty is a breeze with a the VMII and a good belt...
Also sometimes carry a 220 SAS genII in, again a Milt Sparks Versa Max II.
Weight again is not an issue, but, slightly larger grip requires I wear more freely hanging and less clingy shirts of darker color to not print, hang up.

Hope that helps any folks looking, researching.

220 carry SAS GenII, P239 SAS GenII 9mm

Posts: 82 | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P6 (dated 11/80)in a Big River Leather IwB for concealed and a P226 in 9mm in a Safariland ALS at work.

P226 TT (.40); P228 (x2); P6 (x3); P225 (x2); P220; P239 (9); P230; P230SL; P226 (9); SP2022 (9); P245

Posts: 81 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Thanks.

Would never ever sell the Gen 1 SAS P239.

No matter what.

Can't tell you how hard I looked, back in the 2012 timeframe, and was fortunate enough to find one with help right here on SF.

If ever there were, then it would be "my precious" Wink

I'm glad you still enjoy it. I miss that pistol. Wink

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started with a P239/VM2, went to a P229/VM2 both with crimson trace lasers.

I have multiple barrels for both so the caliber changed on my mood. Was most often .357 Sig now mostly 9mm

Changed to a (sh heresy Kahr PM9) for pocket carry and replaced that with a SIG365 with a TLR-6 in a Vedder Kydex or an Outbags leather Holster.

I can either wear the holsters IWB but most of the time they sit in my pocket.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
P225A1 for next. Better grip than the 239 IMHO but thinner that the 228. It so good.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I love that pistol and it's a good EDC -- I sometimes wear it when I don't want the added weight of my normal carry.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Picture of cookand
posted Hide Post
Non-rail 229 357Sig in a VMII for the last 15+ years.

-----------
War Eagle!!

Posts: 367 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I used to carry my P228 most of the time, then went to a Glock 19 and now have been mostly carrying my P365 unless I'm going through Portland, then I also carry my G45 to up-gun.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No limits here...you carry what you want... I started with full size SIG P220...took some creative carry and clothing but made it work most the time. Then bought P239 from member here that was attorney in Texas...bought it 6-8 years ago I think...that became my daily carry and the P220 became home defense or when out with jacket in winter.
I am hoping I get the confidence in the P365 to make it my daily piece....with others being in vehicle or home unless working on property and have one in OWB config for comfort and to help keep sweat off of it.
Yes was member here for many years...but then couldnt access account and had to create a new one so starting fresh. LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rchermanjr,

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post