SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!)
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!) Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
My P239 9mm was my Sig favorite for EDC.

past tense, sir ?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Florida as well, but have no problems carrying my M11A1 (outside holster, shorts, polo shirt worn outside covering). Feels very comfortable.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
what holster and what position, please ?

posted Hide Post
Assuming you're asking me, I use the Galco Combat Holster, which is superb at both holding and allowing a fast draw (link below). The belt for the P228/P229 works with the M11A1 (they are physically so identical it doesn't make a difference). Worn with a gun belt (I'm using Hanks Gunner Stitched belt) at around 3pm (it varies a bit depending on the shirt and how I'm feeling :>Wink it stays well away from my body (so no issues there) and comfortable all day long (honestly, sometimes I don't even take it off when I get home, it's just that comfortable around the house).

My wife says she cannot tell when I'm carrying (I suspect someone trained could, though, but I also don't mind that).

https://www.galcogunleather.co...olster_8_4_1063.html

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
My P239 9mm was my Sig favorite for EDC.

past tense, sir ?

Yes, past tense. My G19 has taken over EDC duty for me. Same overall size, more capacity.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
Assuming you're asking me, <snip>

I was Smile

Many thanks for the reply and very good information !

Am carrying mine at about 2:30 in a High Noon Public Secret...

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, past tense. My G19 has taken over EDC duty for me. Same overall size, more capacity.

ahhh... i see. forgot.

shouldn't have asked Frown

dreaded tupperware...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Assuming you're asking me, <snip>

I was Smile

Many thanks for the reply and very good information !

Am carrying mine at about 2:30 in a High Noon Public Secret...

What I like about the Galco is the cant -- I have shoulder issues (way too much tennis has basically ruined it), so I can't reach back and draw very well without that (so a straight up/down won't work at all for me). With this holster I can even wear a more extreme 3:30 or even 4 O'clock position and still be able to reach back and draw easily.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Understood.

Only have about 40% use of my right/dominant hand, so AIWB would be perfect, if I could only get skinny enough again to do it.

The better cant is a help, even for my bum paw.

Like the Public Secret, but it's a bit hard on the slide...

The M11-A1 has just sort of morphed into the one most often carried, but it might end up getting a bit of a vacation, if I can get things lined up to send it off to Mr. Burke Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'll never be thin enough again for AIWB <g>.

My P225-A1 is a good match for my M11A1 and when the latter went off for trigger work (to make it superb) it stood in for my EDC. Yes, you lose capacity, but it shoots and handles almost exactly the same, and carries a bit easier (and out of the box the trigger is silky smooth -- even with the great work they did on my M11 the A1 is a match to it as is).

When it's *really* hot here and the M11 feels a bit too much I carry the A1 -- fits the same holster as well. It's a great backup.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
misery loves company :P

sounds good. looking forward to sending it to Mr. Burke and carrying the P239 more frequently, again.

first and favorite Big Grin

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Assuming you're asking me, I use the Galco Combat Holster, which is superb at both holding and allowing a fast draw (link below).

https://www.galcogunleather.co...olster_8_4_1063.html
Is it me, or in the pics does the revolver holster seem to have a lot more forward cant? Maybe I should ask Galco.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 IWB.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Compactsig
posted Hide Post
SIG 239 SAS Gen2 9mm

Posts: 101 | Location: Treasure Coast, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update.... still the P220 but received a P220 Carry SAS this year with a manufacture date of April 18 in Newington, serial 37C000xxx; sorry still don't do pics. EDC in a black Milt Sparks Nexus with sharkskin belt loops and patch.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
love this thread Big Grin

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying a P938 SAS in an IWB holster.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe I started this thread almost two years ago and it's still going strong.

I'm still carrying everyday my M11A1 and it just feels SO good (but the new Sig is pretty tempting as a backup).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have had many favorite EDC SIGs through the years (P228, P229, P230SL, P239, P224, P290RS, P320SC. Typically they were carried in OWB pancake holsters, a few in ankle holsters, when the situation dictated.

The latest is the P365 in a Desantis super tuck between 3 and 4 oclock.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I carry a 2022 in 9mm in one of Dustin's Ozark Holsters(IWB), also carried in a 3 slot Pancake style with retention. I would like to add I do believe that my IWB from Dustin was one of his first if not the first he made for the 2022 with the Pic rail.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post