SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite EDC Sig (and SIG only!) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gen 1 P239 SAS in 40S&W loaded with 165gr Speer Gold Dots. It usually rides in a Don Hume 721OT or Comp-Tac CTAC.

Posts: 723 | Location: Alabama | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SierraFoxtrot10:
West German 226 chambered in .357 Sig and carried in Crossbreed Supertuck.

Huh? Can you please post a pic?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kelleytoons:
So what is your favorite EDC Sig? (And, yes, I know that many folks -- oddly enough, for a Sig forum -- are EDC many other gun types, but start your own thread for that :>Wink.

And how are you carrying it? (What holster). Just thought this might be an interesting thread to read.

I carry a Sig P938 Equinox IWB at 3:30 with a Quest leather clip holster.

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
I rotate between Gen 1 P239 DAK, and a P250C... both in 9mm. Me and the P250SC are starting to become friends, though...

All in Ozarks Holster hybrid... or a Remora if I'm just running a quick errand or need to take the gun on and off throughout the day.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 stainless in 9mm.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 'at's off to the guv (my own 226 Stainless is WAY too big and heavy to carry, although I enjoy shooting it).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the introduction of open carry several years ago I no longer worry about printing so I carry a P229 with a spare magazine at all times. No one notices or, if they do, care about the bulge under the untucked tee shirt or polo. It helps that I try to dress in a nondescript fashion with subdued colors and no graphics on my shirts.

When I have to get dressed up I wear a blazer or suit jacket and I swap the P229 for a P225A1 (recently retired my P239 and my wife promptly claimed it for herself) so that I can continue to carry.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are my own carries, Drew, except we don't have open carry here in Florida.

My CCW instructor said never to worry about printing -- it ain't an issue here -- so I normally just wear a polo shirt with a print on it that makes it harder to tell what I'm wearing underneath. And in Florida I never have to wear a suit jacket or blazer, but sometimes I carry my P225A1 when it's REALLY hot and I don't feel like the extra weight and heft of the P229 is worth it (but less and less I do this -- just like the extra ammo on the P229).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Posts: 383 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike,
When I lived in Florida (the Tampa Bay area) I carried a Beretta 8045 Cougar at the five o'clock position but that was because I obtained my carry permit back when the AWB was still in effect and I figured if I were going to be limited to ten rounds I might as well make them count.

I agree with you about preferring the extra rounds. Prior to about eight or nine months ago I had seriously considered making the P239 my EDC but with world and national events over the past year I've been convinced that a double stack is the better option.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I carry my P229 (.40) in a Galco SS Scabbard. Easy on, easy off! Conceals great!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anglertoo
posted Hide Post
Gen 2 P239 SAS .40 in a N82 IWB.

“To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

Posts: 177 | Location: North Central Connecticut | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of triage1998
posted Hide Post
I carry either a P229 Stainless Elite Compact in 40 S&W or a P320 Compact in the same caliber.

Lately for summer it has been a P938 in one of my pocket holsters.

Kevin Nightingale
Nightingale Leather
Maker of Quality Handmade Holsters

https://nightingaleleather.com/

Posts: 1019 | Location: Medina, Ohio | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
All great looking ccw rigs to everyone.A candy store of options.

Triage,your guns look good in there holsters

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
226 in the winter.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
P228 in an RGrizzle CS2 with a spare mag in one of his snap loop mag pouches.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was carrying a Sig, it was a P228. I had a P229R but I much preferred the P228. It felt great in my hand and was very accurate. I sold it to a friend which was a huge mistake.

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Most of the time, my Sig 225A1. It is extremely accurate and is one of the softest recoiling pistols I have ever had (I have shot airsoft pistols with more recoil). Yes it is a single stack but I carry two extra magazines with it.

For deep concealment, Glock 43 with flat baseplate and I carry one or two extended magazines with it.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seayall
posted Hide Post
I recently added a new gun to my EDC rotation. P227 SAS. Been very happy with it. Carry IWB with no issues. Fits my 220 SAS Carry holsters perfectly.

Posts: 681 | Location: Cape Coral, FL | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Most of the time, my Sig 225A1. It is extremely accurate and is one of the softest recoiling pistols I have ever had (I have shot airsoft pistols with more recoil). Yes it is a single stack but I carry two extra magazines with it.

For deep concealment, Glock 43 with flat baseplate and I carry one or two extended magazines with it.

I just picked up a new P225A1 for concealed carry and am looking for a holster. Which holster are you using? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 505 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigsig1101
posted Hide Post
Old west German p 220 in a smart carry. If someone hugs me there they are looking for somthing hard anyway.

BigSig11010

Posts: 170 | Location: Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post