SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Just Finished a Wallet Holster for My Old Rossi M-68 .38spl

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Finished a Wallet Holster for My Old Rossi M-68 .38spl Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Just goofing around and decided to make something a little different, so whipped up a wallet holster for my old Rossi M-68 5-shot .38spl revolver. While it's way the heck too big to fit normal jeans pockets, it works awesome in cargo shorts and dress slacks!

I added a special "lip" around the upper end to conceal the butt of the grip from prying eyes if anyone were to attempt looking down into my pocket while seated. This way all they'll see is what appears to be some type of leather pouch or wallet... exactly as it should be! When I reach in to grab the pistol, the whole flap with lip moves out of the way to allow me a grip on the gun. It's not quite a smooth a draw as my normal wallet holsters without the lip, but in this case I felt it was needed. Will carry it a while to determine its usefulness...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 2817 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Nice job.

Posts: 1166 | Location: in the cornfields | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Nice job.

Thanks! Not my best holster work, but it was done as a "proof of concept" model so didn't want to take too much time on it. Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 2817 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post