SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Offset clip opinions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Offset clip opinions? Login/Join 
posted
In my search for an AIWB holster for a P365, I noticed some appendix carry holsters have an offset clip to reduce overall thickness. Anyone prefer this over the ones with clip centered over the slide and why?

Examples:
https://lobogunleather.com/iwb...nd/offset-belt-clip/

http://www.ritchieholsters.com...og/p-100020/appendix

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Offset clips are better. Thinner profile, two clips have more support than one. You do have to be careful that a clip under that grip won’t obstruct you when gripping the firearm. Stealthgear has a non-hybrid design with two offset clips that is pretty nice.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
I don't carry AIWB, but My preference is offset for IWB. I find it more stable and the rear clip pulls the grip into my body helping to prevent printing. Plus, the thinner profile part.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Two offset clips for me for much better stability.
I’ve never found a holster with one that wants to stay where I want it.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, seeing if I can find a good single clip design. I have an old Alessi design but it’s for a j-frame (same design as Ritchie Leather link) that has clip in slide side. Works great but not sure about on a pistol.

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been conversing with Nate at Zorn holsters, I have a skinny rig he's going to build for me and that utilizes an offset clip. I've ready many good reviews of it, and due to some medical issues I'm going to try AIWB. Will report back here once I get it in a couple weeks and get to try it for a while.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite IWB rigs is an El Paso Saddlery C-Force. Its offset clip makes for way less bulk.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
For semi-autos, it doesn't make much difference to me whether the clip is offset or not, but for carrying a revolver IWB, I really like the Lobo Gunleather Offset Clip IWB. Side Guard Holsters makes a good offset clip IWB too. Here's the Lobo with a J frame.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the Fierce Defender Kydex single clip with strut since Nov 2018 now. Bought them for P365, Walther PPS, and P320s. I am in love. The single clip works great and is so easy to remove when the time comes, but the differentiator is the strut. It hides behind the belt and torques the gun’s grip into your stomach. For me, the printing problem is always from the grip hanging out in the air and causing my shirt to tend around it.

I carry the 365 with 12rd under just a cotton tee shirt in summer, no problem with concealment. 5-11”, 185 lbs.

Fierce Defender Paladin Series

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one like the fierce defender shown above and I have a CrossBreed, I can't think of the model but it is 2 clip appendix carry (or works other ways too) The cross breed advertises low profile by using 2 clips, one on each side of the gun, as this thread is talking about, But it not better for me at 6' 150lbs it shows more than the one in the photos above my post

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post