SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    I carried for the first time in a while ...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I carried for the first time in a while ... Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Mark is a pretty slim and trim dude. I am... not, lol. Big Grin

We talked a bit over text yesterday and I showed him my setup and asked a few clarifying questions. I definitely think he would benefit from an actual gun belt, and a holster that can be adjusted for ride height and cant, and suggested a Hank’s Ahmish belt and Stealthgear Ventcore, which is what I use. I carry a Glock 19 all day, every day, and have tried a ton of holsters. I haven’t found a more comfortable setup. I know it’s there, at 2:30, but it doesn’t spend all day reminding me, you know?

Posts: 11476 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
^^^
Right on,that's a solid set up.
I wear tucked in polo shirts to work mainly so I like to use a tuckable holster with a single overhook clip at about the 1:30 position. With a foam wedge if keeps the grip against me and is quite comfortable.
I also like this set up because it is super easy to take on and off without reholstering.
Lots of great options out there but you should really have a sturdy gun belt as a foundation. I love my Armour belt from Mike but I've also like the various "rigger" type nylon belts as well if I'm using something with metal clips. (I'd hate to scuff up my nice leather). Cool

my current AIWB holster

Posts: 8701 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
Picture of Cliff
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark,excuse me for beating a dead horse,but I'll go along with all the above suggestions about A P365. For a long time I carried a Kahr cw9. Felt ok, but I always wanted something with a smaller footprint if possible. Now that's it's winter, I had been carrying my g26 IWB hidden under sweaters & coats. I've had a P365 with a TLR-6 for 2 months now and It. Is. Great. For IWB carry either at 1 -3 O Clock. I have it in a Tulster kydex IWB holster & Sometimes I forget I have it on. It's that comfortable. I use Wilderness tactical belts and the combination works extremely well for me. Something to consider.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7217 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. My first job is going to be to get a better belt.

Posts: 41701 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

I'm with Cliff on the WT belt. I've worn a 5-stitch belt everyday for years. Great choice if you don't want leather.

Posts: 10064 | Location: Magnolia, Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Whatever you go with, if you decide to spring for it, double-thickness horsehide, bull hide, or a kydex liner sandwiched into the belt for stiffening will completely change your world. Instead of cinching the gun to your side and it flopping and bouncing with every step, you adjust it to be comfortable, and the belt supports and distributes the weight of the gun. Night and day difference.

Even a cheap Chinese-made Blackhawk belt with a kydex liner for my first carry belt made all the difference between serious sciatica flare-ups and comfortable carry. The Hank's standard Ahmish belt is even better. And yes, I want to eventually get a Hank's Gunner belt at some point. Smile

Posts: 11476 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Hybrid style holsters help a lot, also. They support the weight of the gun much better I find than a typical OWB or IWB.

As others have noted, a real gunbelt is essential.

"We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled." - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

"All the citizens of this land are of right freemen; they owe no allegiance to any class and should recognize no task-masters. Under the chart of their liberties, under the law of high heaven, they are free and without shackles on their limbs nor mortgages upon the fruits of their brain or muscles; they bow down before no prince, potentate, or sovereign, nor kiss the royal robes of any crowned head; they render homage only to their God and should pay tribute only to their Government. Such at least is the spirit of our institutions, the character of our written national compact."

Charles Triplett O’Ferrall of Virginia - In Congress, May 1, 1888

Posts: 10598 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I found that a Galco King-Tuk works great for me. I carry this at around 5 o'clock. First time I used it, I drove about 3 hours and never even noticed I had a gun (G19) on. Being that it is a little farther back on my waist than 3 o'clock, it is real easy to conceal. With a little training, you should find it very easy to present should the need arise!!!

Posts: 2914 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post