SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Does SIG blue case comply with TSA requirements to transport a firearm in checked luggage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does SIG blue case comply with TSA requirements to transport a firearm in checked luggage Login/Join 
Low Profile Member
posted
I’m going to be flying between Monterey and San Diego CA and I want to take a carry firearm with me. I’m thinking I’ll place it in the SIG blue case it came in , put a couple of locks on it and throw it in a checked bag. Has anyone done this? TSA warns on their website that some manufacturers cases that the firearm came in may not comply. That’s why I’m wondering if my plan is OK.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say no, here is what I use when I fly with my Glock 19.

https://www.snapsafe.com/lock-...treklite-lock-box-xl

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm presuming you use the key lock version correct?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bulldog7972

Yes but I have used another version of a similar box with the combo lock.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
thank you

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
The answer is yes to the Sig case. All it has to be is hard sided and lockable.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still say no . Per the TSA website
Locked cases that can be easily opened are not permitted. Be aware that the container the firearm was in when purchased may not adequately secure the firearm when it is transported in checked baggage. Better to be safe than sorry and spend a few bucks and buy a TSA approved lock box.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
For everyone who has offered 'advice', have you flown with a handgun lately? Have you flown with a Plano handgun case, which isn't any better than the case that Glock or Sig supplies with their guns? Well I have. I've been through at least a half dozen TSA screenings, half of them being in NY. And just so you know, a police officer has inspected my locked case every time I've flown out of NY. Seriously, don't make this harder than it has to be. This is my case. There are many like it but this one is mine....

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-P...49D31B407DD17C366321

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I flew with my P365 case. No second look. As long as it's locked. A screwdriver will pop open virtually any plastic case. They're not worried.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post